Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2020-05-22, 15:29)ontap Wrote: EDIT : To the above, if I have jumped the gun my apologies. I notice in your version 1.6.2, looks like your incorporating "Embuary Helper" into the skin , so hopefully that will give more options for the shelf widgets maybe ?  Look forward to this version , tried it straight from github but as yet , after adding the skin folder and enabling it , the home screen doesn't show , I can get to the shutdown menu to exit the skin but thats all. I will stick with 1.6.0 for now cheers.
@ontap ,

hey sport, long time no hear. Yes have got back into coding the skin, have a longish list right in front of me that I am working my way thru.

I have dropped support for a number of addons and added a few old favourites back. Main one I have dropped is Skin Helper service as it is no longer under active development and support, so there are a number of issues caused by sticking with it. The replacement is Embuary Helper which is a requirement along with my AppTV sounds resource and a brand new MPAA classification images resource. The two resouce addons are available from my Github account or from the Kodi repo. Embuary helper is also available from Kodi repo, but from memory you need to load a skin that uses it to gain access to the helper service. Maybe this is the reason for the strange behaviour of the skin you mentioned (I always dog food my skin on my dev system and the family Pi, so is all working here).

I had hoped to get the new version out fairly smartly, but as mentioned in previous post, new home and covid lockdown put paid to that. Currently have seven 'issues' on my outstanding list, but none are blockers at this stage just nice to have.  Other that some performance gains and a bit of polish skin does not look vastly different to 1.6.0, but under the surface there have been quite a few changes. Concentrating on adding back functionality lost from change to Embuary helper and hopefully adding a new view I have been planing for a number of versions now.

Not going to give a time frame for new release as I always miss dates anyway. Hopefully will be soonish.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by wyrm - 2020-05-22, 16:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1