Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
Changes to how MPAA certification icons are shown.

The way that skins that used these type of icons were coded involved coding large multilined $VAR statements. This is     v  e   r   y     s   l   o   w     and only handles countries that the skin writter has included in their $VAR statements. I have choosen to try something different that gets around these two main issues.

Firstly I have released a resource file of Certification images that contains a number of images for various countries, my skin how requires this as a skin requirement (other skins are more than welcome to use this resource). Secondly, I have added a skin setting to the General skin settings page to allow the user to select their prefered certification region. The default is the United States and the other option is the region that you selected for Kodi (for example I am in Australia, so second option is Australia).  If you have not made changes to to the video scrapers, don't change this setting and you will continue to use the Kodi default of the United States. If you are on the other hand using an alternate region, you will need to change the setting to the new region.  OK, so far, so OK but what do you do if some of your ratings display as CTC (check the Classification)?  The skin has the option on the video info screen of editing your library if you have one of two scripts installed, those being either  script.metadata.editor or script.libraryeditor. The first is available from the main Kodi repo and the second is available from the location pointed to by my skins wiki. Now if this is a bit of a PITA, I'm sorry but the benefits far out weight the downside. This way is a lot quicker and the number of supported countries is already greater that every other skin.

Currently I support the following countries.

• Australia
  • Australia TV
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • Canada TV
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France TV
  • Germany
  • Hong Kong
  • Hungary
  • Hungary TV
  • India
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Korea
  • Korea TV
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Russia
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • Taiwan
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
  • United States TV
  • Vietnam

If your country is not shown, and if you can provide me with 64x64 pixel graphics of each icon and the MPAA field for each icon, I will be able to update the resource file to support your country. The other neat thing about using this system is that changes for new icons can happen very rapidly and do not require a skin update to function.

As always if you need a walk thru on this feature, drop a post into the sub forum and I will talk you thru the process.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Messages In This Thread
How i add submenus - by rouchi - 2020-04-23, 19:31
RE: Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot) - by wyrm - 2020-09-25, 09:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1