• 21(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
(2020-12-10, 05:31)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-12-09, 10:03)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 14:47)wyrm Wrote: @C0nvert ,@pierocol ,@ontap ,@HiroProtagonist and anyone else that would do a spot of testing,

Here is the latest test version for v1.6.6.  All very minor issues, but trying to square things away before starting the slog for next Kodi version.

Pierocol, there are a couple more flag images for the musicvisualisation screen, hopefully now have them all covered. Please advise if any still missing.

Ontap, HiroProtagonist, added a couple of missing Lite theme touch icons.

COnvert, All of the PVR issues you mentioned have been fixed. Have also added a couple of Icon home screen icons to default location.

If anyone spots any other issues, please respond back here as soon as you can, so I can release a "clean" release.

Wyrm
Just installed it and tried several flac files with various resolutions and they all worked fine. if you tell me what combinations you have considered, I can check if you have them all...

@pierocol ,

the following flag images are now included in the skin.

Samplesize : 8bit, 16bit, 24bit and 32bit. Are any others required?

Samplerate : 22.05kHz (shows as 22kHz), 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz. Once again anything of any use missing?

Have been busy in RL so have not had a chance to fix a couple of other bugs I have stumbled across, but would like to put this bug fix version to bed fairly quickly. Could you please reply back ASAP so I can make a repo pull request soon.

TA
Wyrm
Thank you. As far as I know and I could check on the internet, you have covered all possibilities. Thanks!!!!
(2020-10-25, 13:33)pierocol Wrote: Hello again,
I have been checking what I wrote here, because I had a doubt regarding what is displayed in the "Now Playing" window.
I had mentioned that, for classical music (if Genre contains "Classic"), composer, conductor and orchestra are displayed.
I checked now and actually it is not completely true.
Under the "Now Playing" label in blue, there is
Composer
Title
Artist - Conductor
Album

Therefore there is no Orchestra.

The best for classical music, provided that the files are correctly tagged with these genre-specific tags, would be

Composer
Title
Performer - Conductor - Orchestra
Album

If possible, I would suggest a check:
IF one of Performer, Conductor, Orchestra NOT EMPTY  --> Display as suggested above ELSE Display Artist (Default)

Thank you very much in advance for your consideration

@pierocol ,

ok sport, trying to square things away to organise a new pull request for the skin. Have taken a look at your request above and have found that there is NO performer info string available to me. I currently have the string showing Artist - Conductor - Orchestra , with the last two only showing if not empty. So from this I have to assume that Kodi is not picking up your Orchestra tag and from the skinning manual it would seem the performer tag is ignored. Sorry this is the best I can do.

Wyrm
(2020-12-14, 04:26)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-10-25, 13:33)pierocol Wrote: Hello again,
I have been checking what I wrote here, because I had a doubt regarding what is displayed in the "Now Playing" window.
I had mentioned that, for classical music (if Genre contains "Classic"), composer, conductor and orchestra are displayed.
I checked now and actually it is not completely true.
Under the "Now Playing" label in blue, there is
Composer
Title
Artist - Conductor
Album

Therefore there is no Orchestra.

The best for classical music, provided that the files are correctly tagged with these genre-specific tags, would be

Composer
Title
Performer - Conductor - Orchestra
Album

If possible, I would suggest a check:
IF one of Performer, Conductor, Orchestra NOT EMPTY  --> Display as suggested above ELSE Display Artist (Default)

Thank you very much in advance for your consideration

@pierocol ,

ok sport, trying to square things away to organise a new pull request for the skin. Have taken a look at your request above and have found that there is NO performer info string available to me. I currently have the string showing Artist - Conductor - Orchestra , with the last two only showing if not empty. So from this I have to assume that Kodi is not picking up your Orchestra tag and from the skinning manual it would seem the performer tag is ignored. Sorry this is the best I can do.

Wyrm
Would you be able to suggest which is the most appropriate forum where I can post a request for the Performer and Orchestra tags to be read by Kodi?
thanks!
(2020-12-20, 19:26)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-12-14, 04:26)wyrm Wrote: @pierocol ,

Wyrm
Would you be able to suggest which is the most appropriate forum where I can post a request for the Performer and Orchestra tags to be read by Kodi?
thanks!
@pierocol ,

best place to make this type of request is in Music support forum. The music support dev is DaveBlake and he is very active and approachable (be especially nice to him as he is a treasure that Kodi is very lucky to have). Basically what you need to ask for is MusicPlayer $INFO’s for use in music visualisation screen. Think Orchestra is available, but not being picked up from your tags. Performer is just not supported.

Also, just a heads up, Leia Kodi is not receiving any new updates, so you will not see this available for that release. Kodi Matrix is about to go to RC stage of release and so is very unlikely to accept late changes, but if it’s a simple non breaking change you might get very lucky. Otherwise you will have to wait for the release of Kodi 20 (whatever it ends up being called).

best of luck on your request, let me know what Dave has to say on the matter.

Wyrm
Wink 
(2020-12-22, 10:38)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-12-20, 19:26)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-12-14, 04:26)wyrm Wrote: @pierocol ,

Wyrm
thanks!
@pierocol ,

best place to make this type of request is in Music support forum. The music support dev is DaveBlake and he is very active and approachable (be especially nice to him as he is a treasure that Kodi is very lucky to have). Basically what you need to ask for is MusicPlayer $INFO’s for use in music visualisation screen. Think Orchestra is available, but not being picked up from your tags. Performer is just not supported.

Also, just a heads up, Leia Kodi is not receiving any new updates, so you will not see this available for that release. Kodi Matrix is about to go to RC stage of release and so is very unlikely to accept late changes, but if it’s a simple non breaking change you might get very lucky. Otherwise you will have to wait for the release of Kodi 20 (whatever it ends up being called).

Wyrm
Hi Wyrm, on that forum I have received an answer that I could not really understand, other that it seems difficult/unlikely that they will make it easy to display Performer and Orchestra. So be it.

By the way, I just noticed that the new version of Kodi is out and it seems it is loaded with lots of nice features for music lovers. Given that I am also an AppTV skin lover, do you have an ETA for your release for the new Kodi version  Blush  ?
(2021-02-20, 13:22)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 10:38)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-12-20, 19:26)pierocol Wrote: Would you be able to suggest which is the most appropriate forum where I can post a request for the Performer and Orchestra tags to be read by Kodi?
thanks!
@pierocol ,

Wyrm
Hi Wyrm, on that forum I have received an answer that I could not really understand, other that it seems difficult/unlikely that they will make it easy to display Performer and Orchestra. So be it.

By the way, I just noticed that the new version of Kodi is out and it seems it is loaded with lots of nice features for music lovers. Given that I am also an AppTV skin lover, do you have an ETA for your release for the new Kodi version  Blush  ?
@pierocol ,

have been busy with real life so have not be able to spend as much time on skin as I would like. Have pushed just about all of the required skin changes for Matrix Kodi to my GitHub. I have a couple of bugs to sort and then I could release the skin, so potentially not long now. What things music wise do you want to see added to the skin?

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2021-02-21, 05:04)wyrm Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 13:22)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 10:38)wyrm Wrote: @pierocol ,

Wyrm

@pierocol ,

have been busy with real life so have not be able to spend as much time on skin as I would like. Have pushed just about all of the required skin changes for Matrix Kodi to my GitHub. I have a couple of bugs to sort and then I could release the skin, so potentially not long now. What things music wise do you want to see added to the skin?

Wyrm
Great news, and thank you so much, as always. I have not installed Matrix yet, because I don't want to loose AppTV, therefore I have not tested any of the new features. Actually, by browsing around, I have found only sketchy descriptions, for example about finally supporting Albums Box Sets, but have not found screenshots that actually show how it works. I would propose that I wait until you release the your upgrade, test it, and get back to you. By the way, already all the improvements that I proposed and that you so kindly implemented, make your skin really the best for music / hifi lovers in my opinion. Looking forward...
@pierocol ,

here is a shopping list of changes for Kodi Matrix skins. Have cut lists and chapter marks included in the skin now. Need to sort a couple of bugs and I could then release a new update. If there are any of the new listitem values or infobools shown in that listing that you would like to see, let me know and I will make it happen. Probably the biggest “issue” with the Matrix release is the change to scripts having to use Python 3, so there are number of scripts the skin supported that have not been updated. I will either have to remove support for those scripts or find alternatives for them. Would really hate for the skin to lose features, but it might be unavoidable at this stage.

Wyrm
(2021-02-22, 05:45)wyrm Wrote: @pierocol ,

here is a shopping list of changes for Kodi Matrix skins. Have cut lists and chapter marks included in the skin now. Need to sort a couple of bugs and I could then release a new update. If there are any of the new listitem values or infobools shown in that listing that you would like to see, let me know and I will make it happen. Probably the biggest “issue” with the Matrix release is the change to scripts having to use Python 3, so there are number of scripts the skin supported that have not been updated. I will either have to remove support for those scripts or find alternatives for them. Would really hate for the skin to lose features, but it might be unavoidable at this stage.

Wyrm
Thank you, and sorry for the late reply. I had a look at that list. Unfortunately I did not find anything that would further improve the information for classical music. The only possibly useful addition to the info displayed on the Now Playing... and Music Playlist might be Disc #/Total Discs in case of Album Box sets. Looking forward to your realease! I will pay attention once our have released it and see if I notice something that would improve music support in general, not only classical. In any case I find your skin superior in general, and for music especially.
New Skin Release.

1.7.0 Matrix release

• Changes require to make skin compatible with Kodi Matrix.
  • Add PVR Guide extended navigation dialog. Longpress 'Select' brings up navigation controls.
  • Add support EDL and Chapter marks to Video progress bars.
  • Add Versions button to Addons info screen.
  • Add Reminder button to PVR info screen.
  • Add Sets support to Video Info screen.
  • Removed support for Artwork Beef script as most of it functionality now provided by Kodi.
  • Requires ongoing work but due to Kodi switch to Python3 addons, some skin functions may no longer work.
     I hope to return missing functions as scripts are updated by their authors or replacement scripts become available.
  • Numerous minor bug fixes and code cleanups.

Sorry this release is a bit late, real life has got in the way a bit. Skin is now available in the main Kodi repo and REQUIRES Kodi Matrix to function.

There are not really very many user facing changes with this release of the skin, the next release will include a number of projects that I have had on the backburner. Having said that the way Kodi now handles extra graphics has changed, so you the user will need to make changes to your advancesettings.xml file to use skin images other than the default icons, thumbs, fanarts, etc. So skin no longer supports Artwork Beef script as most of it's function is now handled by the above settings file. You can however use Artwork Dumper script to grab your current extra images and store them locally for you. If the last couple of sentance were as clear as mud, dropt a question here and I will attempt to lead you thru the process.

Enjoy
Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Excuse me, why can’t only “TV” be enabled in the HOME MENU?  After the operation is enabled or disabled, the TV’s icon cannot be displayed on the home page.

Kodi 18.9
(2021-05-30, 15:08)matthuo Wrote: Excuse me, why can’t only “TV” be enabled in the HOME MENU?  After the operation is enabled or disabled, the TV’s icon cannot be displayed on the home page.

Kodi 18.9

@matthuo ,

sorry mate have been meaning to reply to this but real life is getting in the way at the moment.

From you question it seems English is a second language, so hopefully I have understood correctly (Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I have misunderstood).

Why can’t you select the TV entry to enable it?

The TV entry is to show broadcast TV which is handled by Kodi via a front end Kodi addon talking to additional backend software(and a hardware tuner). If you don’t have the backend software running and enabled within Kodi, there is nothing for Kodi to show and thus no point displaying the TV entry on the Home Screen. The solution is to load the additional software (I can’t say what the software is as there are a number of different solutions depending on what operating system or personal choice you might have). There is an entry in the Kodi wiki that helps with setting up the appropriate software, let me know if you need a direct link and I will track it down for you.

Now if I have misunderstood you and you are wondering were the TVShows are located, that is under the TVShows entry. You need to set up in Kodi were your TVShows are located (add source in the menu if you have not done so already). Again, this is covered in the wiki. Just have a look thru that, you will be surprised what interesting features Kodi has (I’m still finding things out ten plus years after first starting with the software).

Hopefully I have answered your question, feel free to ask if something else is unclear and I will try to point you in the right direction.

Wyrm

(2021-06-02, 13:05)wyrm Wrote:
(2021-05-30, 15:08)matthuo Wrote: Excuse me, why can’t only “TV” be enabled in the HOME MENU?  After the operation is enabled or disabled, the TV’s icon cannot be displayed on the home page.

Kodi 18.9

@matthuo ,

sorry mate have been meaning to reply to this but real life is getting in the way at the moment.

From you question it seems English is a second language, so hopefully I have understood correctly (Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I have misunderstood).

Why can’t you select the TV entry to enable it?

The TV entry is to show broadcast TV which is handled by Kodi via a front end Kodi addon talking to additional backend software(and a hardware tuner). If you don’t have the backend software running and enabled within Kodi, there is nothing for Kodi to show and thus no point displaying the TV entry on the Home Screen. The solution is to load the additional software (I can’t say what the software is as there are a number of different solutions depending on what operating system or personal choice you might have). There is an entry in the Kodi wiki that helps with setting up the appropriate software, let me know if you need a direct link and I will track it down for you.

Now if I have misunderstood you and you are wondering were the TVShows are located, that is under the TVShows entry. You need to set up in Kodi were your TVShows are located (add source in the menu if you have not done so already). Again, this is covered in the wiki. Just have a look thru that, you will be surprised what interesting features Kodi has (I’m still finding things out ten plus years after first starting with the software).

Hopefully I have answered your question, feel free to ask if something else is unclear and I will try to point you in the right direction.

Wyrm
Thank you for your Patiently reply.
The problem I mentioned, the problem has been found after verification. As you said, before opening the TV in the Home MENU, you need to install a PVR Client in the Addons, and then the icon of the TV will appear on the home page
(2021-05-29, 15:22)wyrm Wrote: New Skin Release.

1.7.0 Matrix release

• Changes require to make skin compatible with Kodi Matrix.
  • Add PVR Guide extended navigation dialog. Longpress 'Select' brings up navigation controls.
  • Add support EDL and Chapter marks to Video progress bars.
  • Add Versions button to Addons info screen.
  • Add Reminder button to PVR info screen.
  • Add Sets support to Video Info screen.
  • Removed support for Artwork Beef script as most of it functionality now provided by Kodi.
  • Requires ongoing work but due to Kodi switch to Python3 addons, some skin functions may no longer work.
     I hope to return missing functions as scripts are updated by their authors or replacement scripts become available.
  • Numerous minor bug fixes and code cleanups.

Sorry this release is a bit late, real life has got in the way a bit. Skin is now available in the main Kodi repo and REQUIRES Kodi Matrix to function.

There are not really very many user facing changes with this release of the skin, the next release will include a number of projects that I have had on the backburner. Having said that the way Kodi now handles extra graphics has changed, so you the user will need to make changes to your advancesettings.xml file to use skin images other than the default icons, thumbs, fanarts, etc. So skin no longer supports Artwork Beef script as most of it's function is now handled by the above settings file. You can however use Artwork Dumper script to grab your current extra images and store them locally for you. If the last couple of sentance were as clear as mud, dropt a question here and I will attempt to lead you thru the process.

Enjoy
Wyrm
Thank you again very much for realising this update! I immediately installed it and it works fine. As a music lover, one of the most valuable improvements of Kodi 19 is the support for multi-disc albums or box sets. The DISCSUBTITLE tag is therefore used. I just noticed that "Now Playing..." displays only the box-set title and not the album title. it is possibly easy for you to implement this change. Thanks!
(2021-06-05, 05:04)matthuo Wrote:
(2021-06-02, 13:05)wyrm Wrote:
(2021-05-30, 15:08)matthuo Wrote:  
Thank you for your Patiently reply.
The problem I mentioned, the problem has been found after verification. As you said, before opening the TV in the Home MENU, you need to install a PVR Client in the Addons, and then the icon of the TV will appear on the home page
@matthuo,

your welcome. It is in my opinion not that obvious that you need to set up additional software to make PVR work within Kodi. I will look to see if it is possible to add a help message at the bottom of the Home menu edit screen to point out that PVR will not show until PVR client is active.

Feel free to ask any other questions you might have about the skin here. I have been coding and using this skin for so long now that sometimes I miss that certain things are not obvious to users. Questions like yours lead to improvements that all users benefit from, so everyone wins when I have to stop and look at problems.

Wyrm

• 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1