Bello v3.0.8 Helix (Available through Kodi official repo)

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
peppe_sr Offline
Posting Freak
(2015-01-09 03:42)patseguin Wrote:  I don't see any reset shortcuts or reset skin anywhere. I tried 'Reset above settings to default'. In skin settings but it didn't fix anything.

i think the reset shortcut nessus was talking is the last one voice when you press S or Power on the home menu.

@nessus
you are the boss so i guess the in next days i will love new dialog as the old one. just the time to metabolize new stuff.
i'm trying to figure out how works the shortcut system. as example how to point a folder to be opened from a home menù item. atm the result is that the shortcut, after i have selected the folder doesn't work.
Peppe
find quote
nessus Offline
Skilled Skinner
Reset Shortcuts:
Skin Settings > Home window > Customize Main Menu > press RIGHT and Select "Reset"

Reset Skin Settings:
In Skin Settings window, press LEFT to go to the top menu, press UP again to access the Options Menu and press "Reset Skin".

(2015-01-09 08:02)peppe_sr Wrote:  i'm trying to figure out how works the shortcut system. as example how to point a folder to be opened from a home menù item. atm the result is that the shortcut, after i have selected the folder doesn't work.
You can do it the same way like before. Add the folder to favorites or create a smart playlist. Then you can select it from the "Choose Shortcut" select dialog.

(2015-01-09 03:42)patseguin Wrote:  Also, is the Backgrounds section redundant now that you gave the new background options in edit home menus?
That's for the Global background, although i am not sure if i will keep it. I might remove it completely and if anyone wants a different Global background he can replace the SKINDEFAULT.jpg in skin's extras folder. Thoughts ?

Cheers
Nessus

P.S. Patseguin, thanks a lot for your donation man, i really appreciate it.
find quote
javiermon Offline
(2015-01-09 10:39)nessus Wrote:  
(2015-01-09 03:42)patseguin Wrote:  Also, is the Backgrounds section redundant now that you gave the new background options in edit home menus?
That's for the Global background, although i am not sure if i will keep it. I might remove it completely and if anyone wants a different Global background he can replace the SKINDEFAULT.jpg in skin's extras folder. Thoughts ?

I would like an option to use random fanart as a global option (i.e. in all homescreen items). Right now to have this, you have to configure this in each item of the home menu right? The mimic skin has this option.

Also, I prefere the big icons for settings like your TLBB skin uses, I find it easier to navigate than the current one, but that's a personal choice I guess.

Thanks!
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-09 11:49 by javiermon.)
find quote
patseguin Offline
Donor
Quote:That's for the Global background, although i am not sure if i will keep it. I might remove it completely and if anyone wants a different Global background he can replace the SKINDEFAULT.jpg in skin's extras folder. Thoughts ?

Cheers
Nessus

P.S. Patseguin, thanks a lot for your donation man, i really appreciate it.

Yeah I think it makes the skin a tad confusing to have background options for each home menu item and then another menu for backgrounds. Maybe just simplify it with a single 'Global Background' menu option.

Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-10 00:02 by nessus.)
find quote
javiermon Offline
One thing I've noticed is that if I start kodi with bello without the home animation, the cpu is around 5%. If I enable it, the cpu rises to 13%. If I then disable the animation again, the cpu stays at 13%. Maybe the animation is not shown now, but it's still being used by the UI?
find quote
patseguin Offline
Donor
Oh, and you are welcome on the donation. I promised it on a release for Helix plus you make by far the best Kodi skin and I want to support you so you don't stop!

Also, just a minor suggestion, would you want to add the Kodi logo to the upper left of the home screen like some other skins do? It's nothing major, just something that might give it a little polish.

Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
find quote
NeoFighter Offline
Missing menu is because of lack of required addons or something else?
I've just copy the skin folder to kodi.
find quote
nessus Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2015-01-09 11:48)javiermon Wrote:  I would like an option to use random fanart as a global option (i.e. in all homescreen items). Right now to have this, you have to configure this in each item of the home menu right? The mimic skin has this option.
I was asking if is ok to remove the Global background options. I am not going to add another one. You can choose the Multi Image option in Custom Background skin setting and point to the folder where you have stored the fanarts, although like i say, i might remove completely the Custom Background options from Skin Settings.

(2015-01-09 11:48)javiermon Wrote:  Also, I prefere the big icons for settings like your TLBB skin uses, I find it easier to navigate than the current one, but that's a personal choice I guess.
That screen was made on demand by the TLBB Support because was more helpful to provide support to the customers regarding the Settings. It was not by design choice. I prefer Bello's layout Big Grin

(2015-01-09 20:50)javiermon Wrote:  One thing I've noticed is that if I start kodi with bello without the home animation, the cpu is around 5%. If I enable it, the cpu rises to 13%. If I then disable the animation again, the cpu stays at 13%. Maybe the animation is not shown now, but it's still being used by the UI?
I am 99% sure that this is Kodi's thing. Did you try reloading the skin ?

(2015-01-09 20:53)patseguin Wrote:  Also, just a minor suggestion, would you want to add the Kodi logo to the upper left of the home screen like some other skins do? It's nothing major, just something that might give it a little polish.
Sorry but... no Big Grin

(2015-01-09 23:29)NeoFighter Wrote:  Missing menu is because of lack of required addons or something else?
I've just copy the skin folder to kodi.
Ok. Now copy also all these addons...
https://github.com/Nessus85100/Bello/blo...don.xml#L5

Cheers
Nessus
find quote
sualfred Offline
Posting Freak
Issue report:
- EPG Guide window: If you press "back" 2 menus are opening and collapse.
- The quicknav things doesn't work for me, no matter if they r enabled or not

I've modded the beta for my needs and removed the background vignette on the fullscreen music visualization window, because I have an Ambilight system running. The vignette nearly removes the ambilight effect Wink Maybe you should add an option for it. On my rig the vignette will be only displayed when the player shows the info, the playercontrols or the music OSD is visible.

GitHub: Click
Skin: fTV Live TV Mod
Skin: BelloFredo (discontinued)
Donate: Donate me a drink! If u want :)
find quote
patseguin Offline
Donor
(2015-01-09 20:53)patseguin Wrote:  Also, just a minor suggestion, would you want to add the Kodi logo to the upper left of the home screen like some other skins do? It's nothing major, just something that might give it a little polish.
Sorry but... no Big Grin

Cheers
Nessus

No problem, not really an issue and the more I thought about it, the skin is perfect the way it is.

(This post was last modified: 2015-01-11 11:15 by nessus.)
find quote
NeoFighter Offline
I have to say... Bello is my favorite skin!
Version 3 is working on my RaspberryPi right now. It's great!

I have some troubles installing the new version, so I have uploaded for everyone users in one place all addons required by Bello 3.
>> download (unpack and "install from zip" one by one)
find quote
nessus Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2015-01-10 17:34)sualfred Wrote:  Issue report:
- EPG Guide window: If you press "back" 2 menus are opening and collapse.
- The quicknav things doesn't work for me, no matter if they r enabled or not

I've modded the beta for my needs and removed the background vignette on the fullscreen music visualization window, because I have an Ambilight system running. The vignette nearly removes the ambilight effect Wink Maybe you should add an option for it. On my rig the vignette will be only displayed when the player shows the info, the playercontrols or the music OSD is visible.
Thanks for the report. Wil look at the EPG issue.
The QuickNav widgets they need some work although the ones regarding the local libraries (Recent, Recommended and Random) are working fine for me. Those who use extendedinfo script have some problems.

I will give a look in music visualization vignette and see. No promises though. Generally, i don't want to add options for every little custom thing.

Cheers
Nessus
(This post was last modified: 2015-01-11 11:34 by nessus.)
find quote
patseguin Offline
Donor
Nessus, another couple small suggestions. The place where you put the selection to add a home menu item doesn't seem appropriate. There is an add button in each existing menu option at the bottom. Maybe have an "Add" button on the left pane of the window? Also, under weather the background option has the same things listed as the other menus. Is there a way to add conditional weather as an option there? I know you can access that option from weather itself but it would be a little more consistent to have that option in the background menu.

find quote
sualfred Offline
Posting Freak
2 other issues:
- Smart playlist editor: The "save" button is out of function. Nothing happens.
- View "VideoWall Fanart": The scrollbar is "useless". It just jumps to next item. This is very painful for a huge library. I guess it has something to do with the layout and a "fake focus layout" would do the trick, if you know what I mean (invisible wraplist with 10 items in a screen and displaying the fullscreen item by using Containter(580).ListItem.Art(fanart) for example).

GitHub: Click
Skin: fTV Live TV Mod
Skin: BelloFredo (discontinued)
Donate: Donate me a drink! If u want :)
find quote
Ribero Offline
(2015-01-11 00:51)NeoFighter Wrote:  I have some troubles installing the new version, so I have uploaded for everyone users in one place all addons required by Bello 3.
>> download (unpack and "install from zip" one by one)

Thanks a lot ! Thanks to your file I was able to install it ! Thanks !
find quote