Bug EPG Issue DVBViewer DVB-T2
As reported by another user in this thread, Kodi appears to have an issue with EPG data. I've followed the set-up guide word for word on the DVBViewer Wiki and on the Kodi Wiki.

Here is a screenshot of the issue - the top is the EPG data from the DVBViewer Recording Service (the backend for Kodi), the bottom is the data displayed (on ALL skins). As you can see it appears to skip out the actual information and just displayed the [eng] [subtitles] etc data.

Does anyone have an idea about the cause of this?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
For anyone else, this is being worked on: see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=140645&page=73

Has this been fixed yet?
(2015-02-05, 13:11)Bjur Wrote: Has this been fixed yet?

No, I've asked a lot about this at the DVBViewer forum - the bottom line is that it's a problem only for the UK and might be fixed at some point - that was pretty much it. If you're getting this issue in any other country outside the UK please let me know.

You can fix this yourself by editing the skin files (about four of five to edit from memory) and replace .Plot with .PlotOutline. But it's not ideal.

okay thanks for the answer. I'm from Denmark, so guess I'm luckySmile
(2015-02-05, 13:23)Bjur Wrote: okay thanks for the answer. I'm from Denmark, so guess I'm luckySmile

PLEASE go to the DVBViewer forum and tell them that - they've said it's ONLY a UK issue because it's done slightly differently over here. If you do post, please put a link here as well.

I'm using uk channels (sky / astra / dvb-s) and don't see this. Maybe because I'm using EPG Collector, maybe because it's dvb-s vs dvb-t? Something else?
Anyway FWIW here are my screenshots:

It's because you're using an external EPG source. The problem is with DVBViewer not working correctly in some DVB nations.

I'm pretty sure I never saw the problem you describe before switching. I switched because I had flipping great gaps in the EPG.
The problem is Freeview/Freesat related, so if you're using Sky then the EPG is handled differently. If you're using Freesat and it's working then it's only an issue with most UK set ups.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Issue DVBViewer DVB-T20