live tv option not available on kodi
Does anyone read the frigging wiki any more? PVR (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I think real issue is this same which I have.
After installing/upgrading to Kodi 14 TV -selection from main menu disappeared even working plugin for working backend is configured and enabled.
I use VNSI plugin for PVR and it connects to my VDR and shows EPG update and so as it should, but no menu to access Live stream. Recodings can be accessed via Video -menu by adding a location pvr://recordings there.
Same problem in my desktop and rpi.

⟫ kodi --version
14.0 Git:ad747d9 Media Center Kodi
On Helix (14) with Confluence, I find the TV option on the main menu does not appear until the PVR addon starts up properly.

Two things to try - a different skin, and take a look in your logs to see if there is a problem with the startup of the PVR addon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
With different skin everything works like it should. So problem is in Confluence -skin?
(2015-01-12, 21:42)muppis Wrote: With different skin everything works like it should. So problem is in Confluence -skin?

Clean install done?
LiveTV is perfectly fine in Confluence here.
It was clean install for Kodi. Problem (for me) was VDR has corrupted his channel-listing which caused to Kodi refuse show menu when using Confluence -skin, but showed it with other skin.
no I don't recognise these words except the iptv simple which I used to enable on Gotham and get the live TV. channels , but it have to be something missing on kodi that make the option not available on the mean menu right!
(2015-01-14, 04:26)ghost324 Wrote: no I don't recognise these words except the iptv simple which I used to enable on Gotham and get the live TV. channels , but it have to be something missing on kodi that make the option not available on the mean menu right!
I suggest posting in the iptv simple thread.
(2015-01-14, 04:26)ghost324 Wrote: no I don't recognise these words except the iptv simple which I used to enable on Gotham and get the live TV. channels , but it have to be something missing on kodi that make the option not available on the mean menu right!
Why it is that you refuse to read the wiki article that people linked you to here? What you have to understand is that you first need a BACKEND for Live TV to work in Kodi:

Again, first read http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR to hopefully try to better understand the concept and then follow that to PVR backends http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_backend

Personally I would advice you to try installing OpenELEC as your operating-system because it too have Tvheadend PVR backend integrated and is relatively easy to configure.

After you read articled linked above then checkout this one too http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Configuring_Tvheadend

Nickr, have you considered that people may well have read the wiki, but it doesn't read as a "how to", and TBH, is not really required reading if you simply want to do one or two things. It is also not really written as a basic article for people who are not already relatively au fait with that sort of thing. Kodi/XMBC for all that it is touted as an all in one media centre/player package, isn't intuitive, for all the revisions that have been made, and can be very frustrating and offputting for some people who want to do the simplest of things, the functionality of which one would be forgiven for assuming would be present already.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
live tv option not available on kodi0