Bug? Can´t leave main screen config menu
Hi there!
First of all I want to say a big thank you for all the work with that fantastic skin.

I´ve got a problem nevertheless:
Whenever I enter the config menu to changethe homescreen or a submenu of any homescreen button and actually add or delete an entry I cannot leave the that config menu anymore. No keypress does this for me. If I just entered that config menu without changing a thing I could go back by pressing backspace or escape.

The result is that I have to shut down Kodi by killing the task (or Alt-F4) and restart it - the changes to the submenu will then not be remembered. So I cannot change any menu buttons at all (kind of annoying...).

Any help will be appreciated!

Greeting from Germany
Christian

A word to my version of Titan:
I use Kodi 14.0 and reinstalled Titan Skin a few minutes ago. Also I reinstalled the helper addon Skin Shortcuts.
(2015-01-10, 11:04)fugazi001 Wrote: Hi there!
First of all I want to say a big thank you for all the work with that fantastic skin.

I´ve got a problem nevertheless:
Whenever I enter the config menu to changethe homescreen or a submenu of any homescreen button and actually add or delete an entry I cannot leave the that config menu anymore. No keypress does this for me. If I just entered that config menu without changing a thing I could go back by pressing backspace or escape.

The result is that I have to shut down Kodi by killing the task (or Alt-F4) and restart it - the changes to the submenu will then not be remembered. So I cannot change any menu buttons at all (kind of annoying...).

Any help will be appreciated!

Greeting from Germany
Christian

A word to my version of Titan:
I use Kodi 14.0 and reinstalled Titan Skin a few minutes ago. Also I reinstalled the helper addon Skin Shortcuts.

Hi Christian,

I had some reports about this a while back but those issues resolved itself.
Did you try to "reset the menu to defaults" ?

There is a button for this in the skin settings.

If it doesn't help, could you provide me your xbmc logfile (if you want by PM) after you opened the menu ?

Also it would be good to know what OS you're running the skin on.

I always test the skin on windows, ubuntu and android
Hi,
thanks so far.
Resetting did not help.
I´ll send you my log in PM in a minute.
Maybe interesting:
When changing to Mimic-Skin (which uses skin.shortcuts, too) the problem is the same!
Only difference: pressing the button for Main Menu gets me out of the stuck-in-config-situation. But the changes to the main menu won´t be done in this way.
Thanks for the discovery, that points to a problem with skinshortcuts on your system. I will take a look at your logs if I can find anything related.
Just a few questions to get it all clear:

Are you pressing the "back" or "previousmenu" button to get out of the screen?

What operating system are you running?
I tried both, "back" an "previousmenu". Neither works.
I run Win 7 64bit with administrator rights.
I uninstalled the skins Titan and Mimic and then the helper addon Skin.shortcuts and then reinstalled Titan Skin to test the installation of skin.shortcuts. During that installation the helper addon on Skin.shortcut was reinstalled automatically.
(2015-01-10, 19:05)fugazi001 Wrote: I tried both, "back" an "previousmenu". Neither works.
I run Win 7 64bit with administrator rights.
I uninstalled the skins Titan and Mimic and then the helper addon Skin.shortcuts and then reinstalled Titan Skin to test the installation of skin.shortcuts. During that installation the helper addon on Skin.shortcut was reinstalled automatically.

Hi, I took a look at your log and the skinshortcuts-addon is crashing. That's why you can't leave the screen anymore.

Could you do the following:

1. make a backup of the files in C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\

2. delete all files in that folder

3. start kodi and try to edit the menu again.

The script seems to be choking on one of the files in that directory. A reinstall of the skin or the script will leave the configuration files in place so that's why the problem remains even after reinstall of the skin.

Please let me know if a reset of the files helps solving the problem!
Hi,
I´d say it´s a bit of a success but not enough...:
I did what you wrote and now I can smoothly leave the menu as it should be.

But from beginning:
- there was no folder script.skinshort​cuts\ in C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\
- I created it. Result: I can now leave the menu as it should be
- problem that remains: I can edit any entry as I like BUT all changes will not be saved (although a popup from top down tells me that skin.shortcuts is updating the menu structure - which it obviously does not). Menu items are not changed

what I tried:
- restart kodi several times
- uninstall skin and skin.shortcuts and reinstall it all again
- check contents of folder C:\Users\MediaCenter\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\script.skinshort​cuts\ during use of menu editing. There is one xml-file for each menu entry which I changed the submenu of. The xml-file shows the correct menu structure that I wanted to be created. I´ve got no idea why it then is not displayed correctly.
- reset all menu things with the button inside menu editing. That results in creation of many xml-files in the script.skinshortcuts-folder. Behaviour did not change, though.
- checked attributes of that folder (if write-protected or anything like that). Nothing to tell, lookes all as it should.

weired...

You can find the new kodi.log where the old one was. Name kodi_2.log

Thanks so far again.

edit:
I use mysql as the kodi-database. Does that make any difference here?
Do you use path substitution in your advancedsettings.xml file ?

Note that the skinshortcuts addon (and some other addons too) cannot be used with redirected addons folder.

This is the error in your log:

IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', u'C:\\Users\\MediaCenter\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.skinshortcuts\\movies.DATA.xml')
Yeehaa! Solved.

Yes, I used path substitution for that addon_data folder. After commenting that out of my advancedsettings.xml all works fine now. Except the sharing of addon_data with the other instances of kodi. But as far as I can see that is not a real problem.

Thank you very much. Titan skin is now perfect for me!
Glad it's sorted now!.

About the path substitution of the addon_data folder, maybe you workaround the problem by either:

- create a substitution for evry addon you want it's data to be shared across clients
- create the global and substitution AND create one for the script.skinshortcuts to it's original location.

Don't know if that will work, it's just an idea that just came up by me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug? Can´t leave main screen config menu0