Lyrics script
My vote would go to:
- include lyrics script in kodi by default, but disable service functionality
- okdialog on first run (when pressing button in MusicOSD) which tells you about the possibility to run it as a service.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2015-01-15, 18:11)phil65 Wrote: My vote would go to:
- okdialog on first run (when pressing button in MusicOSD) which tells you about the possibility to run it as a service.

Absolutely no to default include. We ship as few addons as possible
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Can I ask why PVR addons are shipped and not left to the user to install?
(2015-01-15, 18:19)Hitcher Wrote: Can I ask why PVR addons are shipped and not left to the user to install?

Because we are not there yet. Should be very soon
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-01-15, 18:14)Martijn Wrote: Absolutely no to default include. We ship as few addons as possible

I think it´s ok to have different opinions about this. Wink
In my opinion such central scripts like the lyrics script should be included by default if they don´t act as a service which runs all the time.
I´m fine with it if that is not the opinion of the majority of the team.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

it would make sense to implement it the same way as we did with the former subtitles addon.
get some of functionality in core (including the lyrics window), but keep the lyrics scrapers as external addons.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
It's just Lyrics. It's not so important like the subtitles. Without the subtitles foreign people like me can't watch anything. I can live (and listen the music) without the lyrics although i don't mind to implement this to the core.
In any case i totally agree that the service functionality should be disabled by default. IMHO is very annoying and i think all the skins have a visible lyrics button. But that is just me, hating when a software decides what features i want to use without asking me.

Cheers
Nessus
(2015-01-15, 20:09)ronie Wrote:

it would make sense to implement it the same way as we did with the former subtitles addon.
get some of functionality in core (including the lyrics window), but keep the lyrics scrapers as external addons.

I think taking the same approach as the subtitles add-on is the best way to go by far. Having the options for it in Kodi's music settings screen will make stuff like the service functionality more discoverable for users too I think.

I agree on disabling the service functionality by default.
It can run as a service, it can be enabled by default but make it to NOT pop out lyrics dialog automatically. We can add on load action to music visualization that will start it IF user enable it in music OSD. Another improvement would be to reserve container ID for it in music visualization or OSD (much like actors in VideoInfo). We don't really need separate dialogue for it which, in addition , makes navigation cumbersome.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lyrics script0