Bug HDMI ARC has audio dropouts
Thumbs Down 
Hi people. I have a slight problem. Here it is: i recently put time, effort and money to setup home Theater. I got a 40" Full HD LED LCD HDTV from a tech shop called Dick Smith. And I got the Panasonic-SC-BTT785 5.1 surround sound speaker system. I wanted to start using HDMI ARC because it is the only way other than Analog Multichannel Cables to be able to take advantage of the two famous uncompressed audio formats, DolbyTrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. I got the PlayStation 3 slim model as my Blu-Ray Player and I'm using Linear PCM. Here is my HDMI setup: I have a high speed HDMI cable ( version 1.4) running from the output HDMI port of my ps3 to an HDMI input on my HDTV. Next,I have another HDMI cable, same kind, running from HDMI input 1 on the tv ( which supports ARC) to the one and only HDMI port on the AV Receiver. My setup is all god, I popped in War of the Worlds 2005 Blu-Ray into my ps3 and fired everything up. There was just one major problem which has now caused me to get frustrated. When I hit 'play' in the movies main menu, I noticed that every 2-3 minutes, there was a 1 or 2 second audio interruption, and when the interruption happened, it also popped up on the top left of my tv screen saying 'Disconnect ARC Device'. I instantly flew onto the net and researched problems that cause audio problems with HDMI arc. I went through a lot but never got a working solution. Though something interesting I came across was giving the tv a software update via a USB stick. Easy. I know how to. But I don't want to do it without a reason. I have not yet upgraded to firmware, but before I do, can u guys please give me other suggestions if u have some? It would be dearly appreciated! I'm sick of using the standard formats over TOSLINK. cheers, Blu-RayDisc
I would do another connection...

At the moment your connection looks like that:

PS3->hdmi->TV->HMDI (ARC)<->AVR

As the AVR has more than one HDMI in and of course a HDMI out, I would use this way:

PS3->HDMI->AVR->HDMI (ARC)<->TV

The ARC (audio return channel) is mostly used to push the digital sound signal of a TV-internal sat-/cable-rceiver to the AVR. Most TVs can't passthrough the incoming sound signal of a BD player to the AVR. That is not what ARC was made for.

And btw...

Quote:I got the PlayStation 3 slim model as my Blu-Ray Player and I'm using Linear PCM

If you will use it the way I mentioned...I would use use bitstream and not LPCM Wink. Try it and report please

Greetings

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI ARC has audio dropouts1