Youtube
Is anyone else having issues with youtube since it went to 5.0? It doesn't really update like it used to and you can't cycle through categories anymore accept for Popular on Youtube and Youtube Spotlight. Author in add-on section says its sounds like a skin related issue.
Question 
Sorry I Cant Help You.IM Having A Problem With The Login.I Have An Account But Theres No place To Put It In.Just Says Go To Youtube.com/activate.Using Kodi 14.0.Any Help Would Be Appreciated.....
(2015-01-13, 01:27)yankeefanatic Wrote: Sorry I Cant Help You.IM Having A Problem With The Login.I Have An Account But Theres No place To Put It In.Just Says Go To Youtube.com/activate.Using Kodi 14.0.Any Help Would Be Appreciated.....

You need to sign in for the first time using another skin (I used Confluence). I believe it is due to some skins not having enough line numbers (?) in the dialogue pop-up to display the activation code. This thread explains, see Post #1 > FAQ > Problems/Errors > I see no code for signing in what can I do? : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1760057

@marcelveldt I meant to bring this problem up earlier but forgot.
(2015-01-13, 03:33)rich110 Wrote:
(2015-01-13, 01:27)yankeefanatic Wrote: Sorry I Cant Help You.IM Having A Problem With The Login.I Have An Account But Theres No place To Put It In.Just Says Go To Youtube.com/activate.Using Kodi 14.0.Any Help Would Be Appreciated.....

You need to sign in for the first time using another skin (I used Confluence). I believe it is due to some skins not having enough line numbers (?) in the dialogue pop-up to display the activation code. This thread explains, see Post #1 > FAQ > Problems/Errors > I see no code for signing in what can I do? : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1760057

Thanks for the catch, I fixed the problem in the skin and the activation code is now displayed properly.
Available in beta update tonight and off course soon on the stable.

(2015-01-12, 21:26)Tennyten Wrote: Is anyone else having issues with youtube since it went to 5.0? It doesn't really update like it used to and you can't cycle through categories anymore accept for Popular on Youtube and Youtube Spotlight. Author in add-on section says its sounds like a skin related issue.

What is the problem you're having ?
Note that the addon has changed a lot since version 5 so maybe something has changed ?

If you're referring to the widgets, it's correct that only popular and spotlight are available, if you want any other section in/from the YouTube addon you can offcourse try to assign the content yourself in the "assign widget" dialog from the skin's menu editor.
I'm not sure if it is something changed in the youtube addon or the skin.
I had a youtube widget that showed videos from a playlist.
Today all the videos in the widget has "-S1E1" before their name and the picture is different in the videos
when highlighted the video shows the right photo in the info
in the add on itself all names and pictures are correct
(2015-01-14, 17:54)Mr_Brownstone Wrote: I'm not sure if it is something changed in the youtube addon or the skin.
I had a youtube widget that showed videos from a playlist.
Today all the videos in the widget has "-S1E1" before their name and the picture is different in the videos
when highlighted the video shows the right photo in the info
in the add on itself all names and pictures are correct

I fixed the S1E1 issue (apperently youytube addon is adding episode number to the movies)
I dont' understand the problem about the video/photo...
the thumbnails of the videos in the widget are wrong.

Edit:
Ok, I understand now the problem.
the thumbnails shows the photo of the publisher of the video and not the specific video's photo.
in the info it show the correct photo.

Hope i explained it better
Thanks
(2015-01-14, 17:18)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-13, 03:33)rich110 Wrote:

Thanks for the catch, I fixed the problem in the skin and the activation code is now displayed properly.
Available in beta update tonight and off course soon on the stable.

(2015-01-12, 21:26)Tennyten Wrote: Is anyone else having issues with youtube since it went to 5.0? It doesn't really update like it used to and you can't cycle through categories anymore accept for Popular on Youtube and Youtube Spotlight. Author in add-on section says its sounds like a skin related issue.

What is the problem you're having ?
Note that the addon has changed a lot since version 5 so maybe something has changed ?

If you're referring to the widgets, it's correct that only popular and spotlight are available, if you want any other section in/from the YouTube addon you can offcourse try to assign the content yourself in the "assign widget" dialog from the skin's menu editor.

The widget only updates one thumbnail like once a week or something even though its set to the popular filter. Prior I had it set to new trailers and it would update quite frequently. Also when I click the youtube tile it takes me to an empty showcase view even though a different view has been assigned for it. So I guess its not keeping the settings or its just a bug.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube0