Kodi nextPVR hangs at Buffering 0%
(2015-05-29, 10:12)emc02 Wrote: Downgrading to NPVR 3.3.8 did not resolve the problem. (Don't know if it was related to the upgrading process...)

Did a clean install of Kodi Helix and a fresh install of NextPVR 3.4.8 => No change...
With a clean install of 3.3.8 it's working again!

I would like to try your fix but I don't understand the difference between "downgrading,"clean install" and "fresh install."

UPDATE

I confirm that this problem is fixed by "downgrading" to NextPVR version 3.3.8.

By "downgrading to NextPVR version 3.3.8" I mean I uninstalled NextPVR version 3.6.6 and then installed NextPVR version 3.3.8 twice (because after the first install NextPRV could not communicate with the NextPVR recording service). KODI (version 15.2) now correctly plays all live TV stations.

However, I prefer not to use NextPVR version 3.3.8 because it does not support instant recording with KODI (and XBMC). Rather, I prefer to use XBMC-13.2 which does not have this problem and NextPVR version 3.6.6 which does support instant recording with XBMC (and KODI).
So the only way to get NextPVR working atm with Kodi is downgrading? Bummer.

I tried this, but my Kodi keeps telling me that I need 3.6.6 for it to work. Ideas?
(2016-05-29, 02:45)The Cheshire Cat Wrote: So the only way to get NextPVR working atm with Kodi is downgrading? Bummer.

I tried this, but my Kodi keeps telling me that I need 3.6.6 for it to work. Ideas?

I'm not sure what version of KODI you are using but when I used KODI-15.2 I was able to use NextPVR 3.3.8 with it.

By the way, this problem will not be fixed in KODI it needs to be fixed in the NextPVR server as well as whatever server PVR HDHomerun Client uses - see BUG - Random channels no longer load in Kodi, only buffer - Post: #46. It was determined that it is possible the live TV streams that NextPVR passes to KODI can contain bogus PMTs which KODI can not handle (to be exact the ffmpeg library that KODI uses can't handle these streams). XBMC-13.2 can handle the same PMTs that KODI cannot and will not. Actually, I have found that the KODI HD Homerun Video Add-on, the HD Homerun DLNA Tuner in KODI, NextPVR, the HD Homerun View application and VLC can all play the same live TV streams with bogus PMTs that KODI cannot play.
(2016-05-29, 04:18)MrReis Wrote: It was determined that it is possible the live TV streams that NextPVR passes to KODI can contain bogus PMTs which KODI can not handle (to be exact the ffmpeg library that KODI uses can't handle these streams).
That's not quite correct. The PMTs aren't bogus - they're perfectly valid PMTs that the broadcaster is sending, and every other player seems to handle them fine, but for whatever reason, Kodi doesn't seem to like them in a live tv session. It's some bug in Kodi.
If this is a problem with ffmpeg like this post says, why would downgrading to old versions of Kodi and NextPVR help?
(2016-06-04, 16:28)guttermonk Wrote: If this is a problem with ffmpeg like this post says, why would downgrading to old versions of Kodi and NextPVR help?

Regarding KODI, in Post: #43 of this thread FernetMenta states "[KODI] v13 had a much older version of ffmpeg than we have now. "

Regarding NextPVR, I don't know.
This is still an issue for me and I don't plan on downgrading. Is there a way to upgrade Kodi's ffmpeg?
(2016-08-17, 15:07)QueK9 Wrote: This is still an issue for me and I don't plan on downgrading. Is there a way to upgrade Kodi's ffmpeg?

It's still an issue for me as well. There have been several instances recently where I haven't been able to watch the Olympics because NBC hangs. I'm running on an Android box, so it's much more difficult to downgrade Kodi.
(2016-08-17, 15:26)bef5000 Wrote:
(2016-08-17, 15:07)QueK9 Wrote: This is still an issue for me and I don't plan on downgrading. Is there a way to upgrade Kodi's ffmpeg?

It's still an issue for me as well. There have been several instances recently where I haven't been able to watch the Olympics because NBC hangs. I'm running on an Android box, so it's much more difficult to downgrade Kodi.
That sux....It appears that this is a Kodi problem. Hopefully this is fixed in Krypton.
NextPVR has released an update (ver. 3.7.7) that lists the following in the changelog:

Quote:added ability to force the rewriting of PMT table in transport streams, to deal with a bug in Kodi's live tv playback engine

The text above makes it sound like something that needs to be enabled, but I'm not finding anywhere in the settings to turn that on. I'm hoping it's just on by default.

I'm going to run with this version awhile and see if the problem happens again. The issue I have is that the Buffering 0% problem is very sporadic for me so even if I go a long while without the problem I can't be 100% sure it's fixed.
(2016-09-02, 00:58)Waltismo Wrote: NextPVR has released an update (ver. 3.7.7) that lists the following in the changelog:

Quote:added ability to force the rewriting of PMT table in transport streams, to deal with a bug in Kodi's live tv playback engine.

The text above makes it sound like something that needs to be enabled, but I'm not finding anywhere in the settings to turn that on. I'm hoping it's just on by default

This ability is on by default - and it fixes the "0% buffering" problem.
Quote:This ability is on by default - and it fixes the "0% buffering" problem.

Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation.
AWESOME I will install the new version this evening!
(2016-09-02, 14:24)Waltismo Wrote:
Quote:This ability is on by default - and it fixes the "0% buffering" problem.
Awesome! Thanks for the confirmation.
Where can I check my settings?
Are you still experiencing the "0% buffering" problem?
(2016-09-02, 17:15)QueK9 Wrote: AWESOME I will install the new version this evening!

This 3.7.7 did not fix "0% buffering" problem for me.
3.7.7 fixed "0% buffering" problem for me after I updated to Krypton 17 beta 1, It was still present in Jarvis.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi nextPVR hangs at Buffering 0%3