Any Hulu addons that still actually work in Kodi (especially in Linux versions)?
Hi, hope I am not asking something I shouldn't, but quite some time ago I had obtained a Hulu addon that worked pretty well, only I do not remember if I got it from an official XBMC repository or a third-party one, let alone which repository it might have been if not the official one (EDIT: Further searching suggests it may have come from the Bluecop repository, which apparently has been inactive for quite some time). Anyway, I still have that addon and it still appears to work partially, but it won't actually play anything - it always returns some kind of script error. This even happens if there is more than one page of results when going through the menus; attempting to access the next page returns a script error. So either this addon isn't compatible with Kodi Helix, or something has changed and now it's just plain broken. And it's not updating itself (EDIT: Probably because the Bluecop repository seems to be inactive and no longer maintained).

I don't want to use any of the questionable repositories, so I'm not asking about anything on one of those. But am I wrong in thinking that not all third-party repos are bad? Anyway, my question is, is there a version of the Hulu addon that still actually works in Kodi Helix (running under Ububtu Linux) that is available from one of the "good" repositories, or as a downloadable .zip file? By the way I do NOT need Hulu+, just basic Hulu (I want to watch a specific program from SciFy if and when it becomes available).
It's a bit of a longshot but what's the show, ustvvod has some full episodes on SyFy unfortunately a lot require a cable account.
This might require a little bit of work, but there is a Hulu add-on that uses Chrome and should work on a full Linux distribution.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=197034
I only have experience running it on Windows, so you'll need to ask elsewhere if you get stuck getting it to run.
(2015-01-13, 01:12)slices Wrote: It's a bit of a longshot but what's the show, ustvvod has some full episodes on SyFy unfortunately a lot require a cable account.

I don't have a cable account, and I don't want to name the show quite yet, but USTV VOD looks like it might work for the purpose. I'll have to see. I'm assuming that addons such as this simply allow playing content from the various content web sites, but within Kodi's interface? If so, that would be great.

Interestingly, when I added the repository it found some of my other old addons and either updated them or in one case, marked it as broken. I think that maybe some of the original Bluecop addons were moved here, unfortunately not Hulu though.

(2015-01-13, 02:14)mathgeek97 Wrote: This might require a little bit of work, but there is a Hulu add-on that uses Chrome and should work on a full Linux distribution.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=197034
I only have experience running it on Windows, so you'll need to ask elsewhere if you get stuck getting it to run.

Thanks but everything I see in that thread suggests that addon is Windows-only. The larger problem is that if it goes out to Chrome or Chromium, then it probably will not utilize my nVidia graphics like Kodi does, and therefore it will probably play the content at a rate of one or two frames per second, if that. That is the biggest reason I try to do everything in Kodi; were it not for that I could simply fire up a browser and watch Hulu through that, but every time I have tried to play video in a browser the results have been somewhat less than satisfactory. Yeah, I need new hardware, just haven't really figured out what is the best thing to replace my system that won't have that type of issue.

Back when it was available I tried the Hulu Desktop software; playback in that was horrible because it did not utilize the nVidia graphics.
Yes USTV VOD uses the network websites, and playback is done via Kodi. Regarding Hulu bluecop had mentioned a possible solution for hulu plus, but he hasn't been around for a while.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any Hulu addons that still actually work in Kodi (especially in Linux versions)?0