[RELEASE] Smithsonian Channel Addon
Hello,

I started getting script errors when trying to use it now. Is it still supported?

Thx
(2016-12-15, 19:45)leejk Wrote: Hello,

I started getting script errors when trying to use it now. Is it still supported?

Thx

Current version (3.0.1) loads (without error) and plays content without issue on my RPi3 running Kodi 16.1 (LibreELEC 7.0.2).
Thx. I had to delete the *fl files in the cache folder to get it working again.
Version 3.0.2 cleans up some errors and improves the video load time.
A pull request has been issued for teh kodi.org repo.
The add-on should update in a few days.
Hi learningit,  This is another of my favorites of yours.  Since the recent update, playback has improved, but I'm not getting much in the way of artwork or info. 

Maybe a website change?

Thanks as always!
(2017-12-21, 17:30)roc4fun Wrote: Hi learningit,  This is another of my favorites of yours.  Since the recent update, playback has improved, but I'm not getting much in the way of artwork or info. 

Maybe a website change?

Thanks as always!
There is very limited metadata in the newest version, but the images should work, at least they do for me.
I'm experiencing a load time of at least 2 minutes on my RPi3+ (LibreELEC 8.2.4) and wondering if this is typical?
(2018-03-27, 18:01)mentat Wrote: I'm experiencing a load time of at least 2 minutes on my RPi3+ (LibreELEC 8.2.4) and wondering if this is typical?

Sorry I missed this earlier. Yes, there seems to be a delay on some platforms, the load time seems ok under Windows. I'm not sure why, but I'll look into it.
(2018-04-04, 04:06)learningit Wrote:
(2018-03-27, 18:01)mentat Wrote: I'm experiencing a load time of at least 2 minutes on my RPi3+ (LibreELEC 8.2.4) and wondering if this is typical?

Sorry I missed this earlier. Yes, there seems to be a delay on some platforms, the load time seems ok under Windows. I'm not sure why, but I'll look into it.    
 It appears that something has changed (on the content provider's side) as the initial load time is now almost instantaneous (tested yesterday and today on RPi and Android).

Thanks.
(2018-04-07, 14:58)mentat Wrote:
(2018-04-04, 04:06)learningit Wrote:

It appears that something has changed (on the content provider's side) as the initial load time is now almost instantaneous (tested yesterday and today on RPi and Android).

Thanks. 
Working well on my RPi's too... :-)
Needs an update, doesn’t load and also freezes the Kodi. If you have time an update will be greatly appreciated.
V3.0.3 fixes above issue.
A Pull Request has been made for the kodi.org repo. The add-on should update in a few days.
Thanks!
Me thinks that their move to a 'subscriber' basis,  has affected the add-on...
https://kodi.guide/cord-cutters/the-smit...g-service/

Cannot 'launch' the add-on anymore...

Using add-on version 3.03 (which, when I checked, was at exactly 3:03 PM...  Coincidence ??)

https://paste.kodi.tv/ogitamafuy.kodi
Looks like the new site is a work in progress. Once it settles down I'll fix the add-on. There's still a reasonable amount of free episodes currently available, that may change once they finish transitioning to the new site though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Smithsonian Channel Addon0