Solved Bug! - Clean library removes series with no episodes
I'll ask :)
my use case: a new show will be aired next summer/fall, so I add it to Trakt watchlist. Trakt syncs with SickBeard. SB then creates a tv shows folder. Kodi reads the new folder and add the tv-show to library with no episodes. Then I use TV Show Next Aired addon every week to see the series premiere (or season premiere)
If kodi deletes the folder, SickBeard misses the directory and when shows airs I get nothing. and I don't get a calendar with that premiere date

So IMHO I like the feature that don't delete empty tv-shows while clean library - unless show is ended and fully watched. In this case I delete it from SB (that also deletes the folder or I fully remove from Kodi
OT, but culprit found Wink "SB then creates a tv shows folder". Why add an empty folder for something that airs next season?

Anyway, why not just use ..
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
It will be to complex to keep checking the airdate of the first episode and THEN create the folder.
It's better to auto-create when syncing from trakt.
We also have calendar rss feeds and in-app calendar that you can monitor series/seasons premiers
I'm one of SickRage's devs. and It's like this since the first fork from original SickBeard.
Others forks like sickgear work like that too.

updating: just saying my use case. I know this setting. Others may not. Liked that PR promoting to UI.
(2015-07-06, 18:59)mkortstiege Wrote: OT, but culprit found Wink "SB then creates a tv shows folder". Why add an empty folder for something that airs next season?

Anyway, why not just use ..
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videolibrary>
    <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
  </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Similar instance.

TV Shows Killjoy, Dark Matter, Supergirl, I can see in the gui when the pilot airs, even though Sickbeard will get this show. I know to look forward to getting it.
If I have <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>, I don't see them in the gui until Sickbeard gets the episode.

But, currently watching The Last Ship. Watch current episode and then I remove the watched episodes (I need the space). Clean Library removes The Last Ship as there are no episodes within this show's folder. On Library update, The Last Ship show is Rescraped, and now is shown in the Gui again. I feel that this isn't good for the database, or for the cache of artwork?

So, it's not an issue of I don't want to see empty Tv Shows, cause I do want to see all TV Shows, Empty or otherwise. It a case of Kodi not knowing I don't want them removed.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
@ Ned Scott

I believe discussion on this pull request has two discussion issues.
1. Add Hide Empty Series to a Gui option.
2. Removal of Empty Series on Library Clean-up.

I am all for an option on the Blade to Show/Hide Empty Series when viewing TV Shows that are in the Library.

My concern is #2 above, which Pull #6024 doesn't address.
This needs to be an option in Settings -> Video -> Library, Something like On Clean, remove Empty Series, With the logic being if False AndAlso Series Folder Exists, keep in the Library Database.

Discussion between @Montellese & @Anaconda seem to point almost in the right direction, that the logic of Clean library should only remove a TV Series from the Database, when the TV Series path no longer Exists, Yet they it is also discussed to force empty series to be removed.

I feel my suggestion above to add an option to the Video library, possibly under Expert mode, would be of use to all users of XBMC, and leave the choice in the Users hands. This option could be set as selected by default if Team Kodi prefers, but Please, make it an option for the user's to select.
Media Companion Dev.
Personally, I'm really not sure why clean should ever remove empty TV shows. If a user wants to remove a TV show, empty or not, then the user should go to that show entry and remove it as they would anything in the library. "Clean library" should only remove a TV show if the folder itself is gone.
That's the Logical idea about Clean Library. But I suppose that is different than movie's. As with Movie's it looks for the video file, but with TV, the Series folder doesn't contain any video files (well, not in my instance, all episodes are in sub-folders, SeasonXX etc).

Still, It should be checking the if path exists.

I only use local nfo and artwork, and am a Developer for Media Companion, so even if the TV Series has no episodes, there is still a valid nfo file and artwork.

Really hope this is split off of #6024 as per your suggestion.
Media Companion Dev.
Ned, no news on this matter? Maybe something for v17
There has been a patch for this for Javis. But I can not find the email linking to this.
Media Companion Dev.
Found it. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7904
Media Companion Dev.
vbat99 please full edit first message and change prefix to SOLVED.

Tested in v16 and it's working

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug! - Clean library removes series with no episodes1