• 1(current)
Android Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android
Hi all,

Kore is a new Kodi/XBMC remote for Android, which aims to be simple, easy to use and beautiful.

Kore currently allows you to control your Kodi/XBMC, see what's currently playing and the current playlist, change subtitles and audiostreams, download your media locally, access your media library and check info about each item (supports movies, TV shows, music and addons), and more.

Kore is free and open source. The in-app purchase lets you buy me a coffee, so i can continue to improve Kore.

Some links:
Kore is new, and though I've tried my best to make sure it works, surely there are bugs lurking somewhere. Help me test it and report your experiences here or contact me.

Thanks

Image Image Image
Is there an iOS version to play with on my iPhone for my Amazon Fire TV (Android) with Kodi?
Screenshots looks great! Can't wait to try it on my phone.

Thanks for making it opensource.
(2015-01-14, 20:29)DruTheFu Wrote: Is there an iOS version to play with on my iPhone for my Amazon Fire TV (Android) with Kodi?

Sorry but no. Android only.

(2015-01-14, 20:47)Woerd88 Wrote: Screenshots looks great! Can't wait to try it on my phone.

Thanks for making it opensource.

Please tell me if everything worked fine afterwards.
Does it have voice command like Yatse ?
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2015-01-14, 21:45)Rickt1962 Wrote: Does it have voice command like Yatse ?

No, not for now. I want to get the basics right first.
I just gave this a quick try and it is a gorgeous, functioning remote.

The only thing I would suggest is that when you browse movies and select the 'play' icon that you transition to the remote screen.

I ran it on a Kindle Fire and had no issue letting it transition to & from portrait/landscape views.
(2015-01-15, 21:47)MarkStega Wrote: I just gave this a quick try and it is a gorgeous, functioning remote.

The only thing I would suggest is that when you browse movies and select the 'play' icon that you transition to the remote screen.

I ran it on a Kindle Fire and had no issue letting it transition to & from portrait/landscape views.

Thanks. The transition to the remote is a good ideia, maybe with a setting that enables/disables the automatic transition. I'll try to include it in the next version.

Glad to hear it works on the Kindle Fire.
I just published an update that fixes some issues with the library sync, includes some visual tweaks and adds a new setting to automatically switch to the remote after a media start from the library.

If you find any bugs, please report them.
Very nice!
(2015-01-18, 21:23)syncd Wrote: I just published an update that fixes some issues with the library sync, includes some visual tweaks and adds a new setting to automatically switch to the remote after a media start from the library.

If you find any bugs, please report them.
downloaded and bought it! will try it out now.. thanks for the effort!

EDIT: could you please add update and clean library options? as well as a virtual keyboard.. i have my harmony set up for kodi and pick up the android remote mostly for keyboard when i want to type something or to clean the library as i do not have any keys mapped for that.. thanks!
(2015-01-23, 01:32)kreegaa Wrote: downloaded and bought it! will try it out now.. thanks for the effort!

EDIT: could you please add update and clean library options? as well as a virtual keyboard.. i have my harmony set up for kodi and pick up the android remote mostly for keyboard when i want to type something or to clean the library as i do not have any keys mapped for that.. thanks!

Regarding the virtual keyboar, in the "Remote" screen, in the upper right menu (the dots) you'll see the option to "send text to xbmc".

As for clean and update library, noted!
Very nice design (and thanks for being open source!) Smile

Installed Kore a couple of days ago on three devices (two tablets on different versions of Android and a phone) and have had issues on all three. Described them below in case it's useful.

After initial install, the App found my Kodi install fine, but only Movies had synchronised. Is that by design?

I manually sync'd TV Shows and Music on the phone (Recent version of Android) and all seemed to work until the next App start. Now whenever I access TV shows or Music the App instantly crashes / stops.

Installed on a Nexus 7 (2nd generation) same situation.

Installed on an original Galaxy Tab 10 (so very out of date and underpowered Android wise), swiping down in TV Shows or Music does not trigger a Sync (It doesn't even try, possibly doesn't recognise the gesture).

If there's any specific info I can provide to help with a Debug, please do let me know.
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
(2015-01-23, 18:57)ReducedToZero Wrote: After initial install, the App found my Kodi install fine, but only Movies had synchronised. Is that by design?

No. It probably crashed during the syncing of TV shows and stopped. This might be solved in the last version.

(2015-01-23, 18:57)ReducedToZero Wrote: I manually sync'd TV Shows and Music on the phone (Recent version of Android) and all seemed to work until the next App start. Now whenever I access TV shows or Music the App instantly crashes / stops.

Installed on a Nexus 7 (2nd generation) same situation.

Please hit the "Report" button in the crash dialog, so i can access the trace. I might know what this is, and if that's the case it should be solved, but it might be other bug. Do you by any chance have any tv show without a title?

(2015-01-23, 18:57)ReducedToZero Wrote: Installed on an original Galaxy Tab 10 (so very out of date and underpowered Android wise), swiping down in TV Shows or Music does not trigger a Sync (It doesn't even try, possibly doesn't recognise the gesture).

That one might be hard to solve. It's using the standard Android control for refresh, so it should work, though Samsung has an habit of messing with Android (not in a good way mostly). I'll take a look to see if something is fishy.
BTW, does it issue a sync in Movies?

Thanks for the feedback
Wowwwwwww, clean, faster and very easy to use.

Congratulations!, and tks to open source.

Cheers!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android11