• 3(current)
Android Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android
I just published a new version, that should be available soon.

I know there are still issues, but there hasn't been any crash reported for the latest version, so i guess it's time to bump the version number to 1.0.

New features are some sort options on the movies and tv shows list, bulgarian and german translations (by NEOhidra and jonas2515, respectively), and some tweaks.

As usual, if you find any issues, please report them.
(2015-01-26, 21:18)DarkHelmet Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 15:02)syncd Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 23:55)DarkHelmet Wrote: Woopsie, by fullscreen I did not mean that kodi gets windowed. I meant playback in fullscreen, like when some media plays and you fiddle in the menus of kodi or look for the next music tracks and than hit that button so that the video returns to fullscreen or the music visualization is displayed. Sorry if I expressed that in a wrong way.

Gotta say, personally I wouldn't have hidden the fullscreen button that much. Listening to music I use that button quite frequently. Personally gotta say I think the remote section from the old official android remote and the official ios are still the best by far.

Also right now there seems to be no button for the context menu.

If it was my choice I'd drop the codec button from the remote section and put the context menu there. I guess I won't ever use that codec button.

The other fullscreen option isn't working in my box, and i think there's not much difference.

I just realized there's even a specific word for what I mean and unknowingly I used the term "toggle fullscreen", which is also a command. In the list of actions from the keymap wiki I meant the action "Fullscreen" and not "toggle fullscreen".

http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap#Actions

Hey syncd, please believe me, the "toggle fullscreen" action you have implemented in the remote right now is not really useful. This might be that it's a windows only thing, where kodi can be run windowed (i.e. not fullscreen). The correct action has to be the "fullscreen" action from the wiki. Do you use the music section of kodi and visualizations during playback? How do you switch between the visualization and back right now? This is not possible with the remote at the moment.
Would it be possible to add an option to sort albums by artist then year? So that that albums by the same artist are sorted chronologically. This is how I do it in Kodi with the <albumssortbyartistthenyear> tag in advancedsettings.

I would also love an option to switch to the "now playing" screen instead of remote after start.

Oh, and a now playing notification and lock screen background would be sweet. Like this:

Thanks! It is a great looking app!
I'll look into sort options for artists/albums and notifications. That makes sense.
Hi,

Just published a new release. Release notes:

Version 1.1.0
-------------
- Replace Codec button with Context button on remote. Codec info is now available through a long click on Info button
- Added now playing notification
- Use hardware volume keys to control volume
- Italian translation (by Enrico Strocchi)
- Improved music library sync
- Visual tweaks

As usual, if you find any bug, please report it.

If you're a designer, i would appreciate some help in (re)designing the remote screen, particularly the buttons. I'm not really happy with how they look right now. Please contact me if you'd like to help. Thanks.
Nice update, thanks for taking a look at the CD cover ratio and the addition of volume hardware keys, also really liking the notification Nod
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Hi,

I've created a project on Crowdin to manage translations. If you'd like to help, check out https://crowdin.com/project/kore

By the way, this also applies to English, so if you have a suggestion regarding English sentences, please tell me.
This app is fantastic! Thanks for sharing and for making it open source. Donation coming your way!

From the little time I've had to play with it so far, the only suggestions I have are (1) to ignore articles when sorting by default and (2), if possible, also sort according to the "sort titles" from the synced library.
(2015-03-01, 18:44)_matt_ Wrote: This app is fantastic! Thanks for sharing and for making it open source. Donation coming your way!

From the little time I've had to play with it so far, the only suggestions I have are (1) to ignore articles when sorting by default and (2), if possible, also sort according to the "sort titles" from the synced library.

Thanks.
Regarding 1) check in the overflow menu (top right corner) -> sort -> ignore articles. Works for movies and tv shows.
(2015-03-02, 18:00)syncd Wrote:
(2015-03-01, 18:44)_matt_ Wrote: This app is fantastic! Thanks for sharing and for making it open source. Donation coming your way!

Thanks.
Regarding 1) check in the overflow menu (top right corner) -> sort -> ignore articles. Works for movies and tv shows.

I meant that it might be a good idea for fresh installs of Kore to ignore articles by default, because I'm pretty sure that's Kodi's default behavior as well. Either way, I'm glad you've provided the option. :-)
Congrats syncd on your Team Memberness Cool
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Just want to say a big thanks - haven't been able to try it out yet, but this sounds great.

Also, props for Open Source Smile

I've been looking to get something Yatse-esq but which had additional integration for Logitech Harmony Hub so that I can use a redundant smartphone as a One-for-all smart remote.. so might have to take a look at learning some Android coding Big Grin
(2015-02-01, 22:50)DarkHelmet Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 21:18)DarkHelmet Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 15:02)syncd Wrote: The other fullscreen option isn't working in my box, and i think there's not much difference.

I just realized there's even a specific word for what I mean and unknowingly I used the term "toggle fullscreen", which is also a command. In the list of actions from the keymap wiki I meant the action "Fullscreen" and not "toggle fullscreen".

http://kodi.wiki/view/Keymap#Actions

Hey syncd, please believe me, the "toggle fullscreen" action you have implemented in the remote right now is not really useful. This might be that it's a windows only thing, where kodi can be run windowed (i.e. not fullscreen). The correct action has to be the "fullscreen" action from the wiki. Do you use the music section of kodi and visualizations during playback? How do you switch between the visualization and back right now? This is not possible with the remote at the moment.

Sorry to bump my own thread but either my using behaviour is completely different from anyone else or I'm using this remote wrong.

Say I have a movie currently playing and I want to leave playback and go to kodi's mainscreen but leave the movie playing, i.e. I want to leave fullscreen playback but NOT stop the video from playing. How do I do that with this remote? This is the only thing stopping me from using the remote right now.

BTW: Congrats on getting official. Well deserved. Someone should move this thread to its own forum.
(2015-03-19, 00:11)DarkHelmet Wrote: Say I have a movie currently playing and I want to leave playback and go to kodi's mainscreen but leave the movie playing, i.e. I want to leave fullscreen playback but NOT stop the video from playing. How do I do that with this remote? This is the only thing stopping me from using the remote right now.

On the remote screen, hit "BACK."
What about using the "Home" button (leftmost button in bottom row on the remote), doesn't this take you where you want?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kore - Kodi/XBMC remote for Android11