Configuring subtitles: fonts and colors
I just installed Kodi via OpenELEC for the first time 2 days ago. One issue I'm currently having is configuring the subtitles. For consistency, I prefer to have all my subs use the same colors and fonts. I have experience with Linux, and am coming from MPlayer (SMPlayer), where these types of overrides are easy to configure.

1. From the wiki, it says you can add new fonts like so:
Quote:Additional fonts can be stored in the XBMC folder (one level below userdata) at XBMC/media/Fonts/

The info is out of date based on the xbmc usage, but I also couldn't find an equivalent directory for kodi when I browse the installation using samba. Anybody know?

2. From the subtitle settings menu, you can specify font size and colors, but these don't appear to work for me.

I am viewing mkvs with contained subs, and have enabled the SSA font override. I can see changes in the font selection (between the built-in arial and sans fonts), but not color or size. Is this a bug, or is there a workaround?

Thanks!
1. Kodi/media/fonts/, however, as far as I know, OpenELEC does not expose the parent folder to userdata over SAMBA, regardless of XBMC or Kodi version.

2. I think the SSA override is broken, so it's probably not something you've done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configuring subtitles: fonts and colors0