• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)
he already released a quick temporarily fix for the default.py. he has much to do nowadays, that's what he wrote on the german forum kodinerds.net!
he is normally very helpful, so please be patient.

you can find a second amazon prime instant video addon on kodinerds, which already has a fix for the hd playback. it has its downsides (no watchlist access), but works well.
Is it possible that someone adds the manual update file (default.zip) from the kodinerds forum here (or anywhere else). I don't want to register just for downloading one file. Thanks!
try this one
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsofr3e9kuaow8...t.zip?dl=0
perfect, thanks!
Just tried it on osx - doesn't seem to work. I can browse around, but when I attempted playback the first time it popped up a message saying "Switch settings from silverlight to flash?" I said yes... and now nothing happens when I select a video. I am using the version from the repo.
Does it make a difference if I have my video playback on Amazon.com set to Silverlight or Flash?
The addon will set it back to flash before starting a movie.
Btw HD is working again with the quickfix but it is not really usable which is not a problem of the addon. Amazon is just not able to deliver a stable stream during prime time at least in Germany region. I tried several movies yesterday evening and the buffering was like hell even when I went down with the quality to 2500K. I tried it again this morning and it was pretty much ok. All worked fine up to 6000K. Movies started way faster and skipping forward worked also well. Only 1080p (10000K) was still not usable. Btw I have a 14MBit ADSL connection. A comparison with browser or Smart TV app is not valid because both set down the quality when the stream is bad.
Still only one out of ten streams that work here in the U.S., at least for me.
maybe it is region dependent.I tried several tv shows/movies and had not one issue.
This is a great addon, thank you very much for this, and it works a great with PseudoTV Live.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, though, but I can't seem to add shows to my Kodi Library? It isn't in the context menu.
(2015-02-06, 21:14)RayW1986 Wrote: I'm not sure if I'm missing something, though, but I can't seem to add shows to my Kodi Library? It isn't in the context menu.

Did you add the addon's library storage directory to your Kodi library sources like it says in the OP?
(2015-02-07, 20:51)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2015-02-06, 21:14)RayW1986 Wrote: I'm not sure if I'm missing something, though, but I can't seem to add shows to my Kodi Library? It isn't in the context menu.

Did you add the addon's library storage directory to your Kodi library sources like it says in the OP?
I did, but I mis-read the OP. I was trying to add a show, but you add the individual seasons.
I am here just to say "Thank you" for this amazing addon. Why is it not officialy listed in the standard repo ?
I always hated to use the "app" on my so called Smart TV. Your Addon is perfect.
I´m from Germany too and i can stream on highest settings.
The only problem is, that the stream stutters for 30 seconds after i pressed "Pause"
(2015-01-31, 20:36)drpizznock Wrote:
(2015-01-28, 01:43)drpizznock Wrote: The add-on installed and allowed me to configure it with no errors, but each time I open it or do anything in it it keeps popping up the configuration screen asking me to select country info. I click OK it completes the action and the config screen goes away without any errors.

Windows 7, latest Helix 14.1 build.

Problem with path substitution; my addon_data folder is on an SMB share. Once I took that out of it stopped popping up the configuration window

It looks like it's not respecting the path substitution and reading local while storing remote. I copied the remote settings.xml file into the local prime_instant folder and this went away for me too.

Perhaps the addon needs to be updated to use the global vars Kodi sets through advancedsettings.xml?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)6