[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)
(2015-05-28, 08:59)Feejus Wrote: Edit: I noticed that this Add-on only supports Stereo, would you be able to confirm if there is any plans for DD and DTS to be supported in the near future.

Thank you
Feejus

Hi All,
First of all I wanted to thank you for creating this addon. I recently found out about all the add-ons and it has been fantastic to see what the community has created. With that said I have a issue which i would like to raise with you and maybe you have a suggestion or maybe this is a bug.

Hardware:
Zotac EI750
SSD 512 Crucial
16 GB RAM
OS OpenElec 5.08
Kodi 14.x

I added the SuperRepo in Kodi and found the Amazon add-on which i installed and while i must admit i had some issues with logon etc it worked perfectly fine. Another thing i like is that you can choose what resolution you want and therefore you can get 1080p, excellent work there. However here is my challenge.

Issue: You see my Kodi setup is connected to a Pioneer SC-LX57, over HDMI (actually it is connection via DVI - HDMI converter as there is no HDMI on the box). The Pioneer SC-LX57 supports full True-HD and DTS-HD. All movies and TV series which is played back works fine. However with the Amazon add-on ,I am not able to get the full Surround sound I.E DTS or Dolby Digital Sound out of the box.

Can you please confirm if this is by design or is there anything i can do to enable the DD / DTS sound.

Once again thank you for the fantastic support.

Kind regards
Feejus
I agree it's a great add on and works seamlessly for me in my system - I have a assigned a dedicated Amazon Instant button on my touch screen remote that launches the add on from anywhere in Kodi using the Aeon Nox 5 skin.
It's just a massive shame that the audio is only stereo as multichannel audio in a film is as important if not more so to me than video quality.
Is 5.1 DD / DD+ or even converted PCM not technically possible with this add on?
I had hoped I could ditch my Samsung BD player for Amazon instant as that and Netflix are all it gets used for these days.
Cheers
Steve

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - by Steve Webb - 2015-07-09, 10:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)6