• 25(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)
I already tried different Chrome/Chromium, FireTV and AmazonWebView UserAgent strings. They all didn't work.
So I will stay with my workaround now until the real hackers have a fine solution.
Had another play to day and tyborall's fix looks good to me.

(2015-09-17, 06:04)blueribb Wrote: In "TV Shows", the only available videos are: Sneaky Pete & Casanova (Amazon Originals : Pilot Season 2015. Also, in "My Library", there's Walking Dead & Weeds - both have nothing inside. All the other sub-categories are blank with a "Next" folder that pops up.

I found that as well but when I cleared the cache and cookies and re-entered log-in details everything was OK
(2015-09-17, 08:29)MadScientist Wrote: Also in the UK with the addon now working - thanks tyborall. I haven't checked the definition though.

I had to play around with the code mofification to get it working - spaces in front of the lines seemed to kill it

I suspected I now have a big loss in quality. Guess Ill go back to old fashioned local content
In my case the picture may be a little softer but not what I would describe as big loss in PQ
(2015-09-17, 21:26)MadScientist Wrote: In my case the picture may be a little softer but not what I would describe as big loss in PQ

with kodi amazon addon you only get sd resolution@2000. this is not a big this is a huge loos in quailty compared to 720p@6000 or 1080p@10000. i can very clearly see the diference
(2015-09-17, 21:09)skydivertricky Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 08:29)MadScientist Wrote: Also in the UK with the addon now working - thanks tyborall. I haven't checked the definition though.

I had to play around with the code mofification to get it working - spaces in front of the lines seemed to kill it

I suspected I now have a big loss in quality. Guess Ill go back to old fashioned local content

there is another prime plugin that launches a browser in fullscreen. i would recommend internet explorer 11 or edge browser with the new html5 player. its possible to use remote for play/pause, mute, volume level or seeking.
(2015-09-16, 19:49)tyborall Wrote: Just change this in default.py like me:

opener = urllib2.build_opener(urllib2.HTTPCookieProcessor(cj))
#userAgent = "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-EN) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.375.127 Large Screen Safari/533.4 GoogleTV/ 162671"
userAgent = "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X x.y; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0"
opener.addheaders = [('User-agent', userAgent)]

Thanks Tyborall, works perfectly...
I also removed the spaces before "userAgent" when pasted in and although it works, there is still little to no content. I clear the cache and cookies with each change I make and still zip.

Is there supposed to be a space between GoogleTV/ and 162671 ?

I don't see spaces after the other entries.

I do have an Amazon Prime account
(2015-09-17, 21:50)Ed76 Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 21:09)skydivertricky Wrote:

there is another prime plugin that launches a browser in fullscreen. i would recommend internet explorer 11 or edge browser with the new html5 player. its possible to use remote for play/pause, mute, volume level or seeking.

Link to alternative prime plugin please
(2015-09-18, 00:15)blueribb Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 21:50)Ed76 Wrote:
(2015-09-17, 21:09)skydivertricky Wrote: I suspected I now have a big loss in quality. Guess Ill go back to old fashioned local content

Link to alternative prime plugin please

http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Attac...ugins-zip/

from there you have to install amazon plugin and browser launcher. in settings you have to disable kodi internal player and to enable browser launcher.

i can full controll the html 5 player with my remote and i can turn back to kodi. but you need some batch files for this. if you want to know how this works i can write you in 1 week (i have holiday tomorrow). if you have a smartphone you can also use one of the mouse/keyboard apps. i have tested "winput lite" for android and it works very good.

if you have a good internet connection this method will give you a much better picture (1080p) than kodis internal player (sd) at the moment.
How seamlessly does it all work in practice?

I'm still hoping for a fix to this plug-in to give better than SD. I'd be happy with 720p for my TV program watching display.

If not, the new 4K-capable Amazon Fire looks tempting
Thanks to the change suggest by tyborallall it's working for me again.

Whilst I was updating the default.py I thought I'd figure out why add season to library no longer worked for me. I was finding it was only adding 1 episode and that was for the wrong TV Series. A simple change has fixed it for me - within the definition for addSeasonToLibrary, on the 6th and 8th lines in the code below, I replaced urlMain with urlMainS. So it now looks like this:
Code:
def addSeasonToLibrary(seriesID, seriesTitle, seasonID):
    seriesFolderName = (''.join(c for c in seriesTitle if c not in '/\\:?"*|<>')).strip(' .')
    seriesDir = os.path.join(libraryFolderTV, seriesFolderName)
    if not os.path.isdir(seriesDir):
        xbmcvfs.mkdir(unicode(seriesDir).encode("iso-8859-1"))
    content = getUnicodePage(urlMainS+"/gp/product/"+seasonID)
    matchSeason = re.compile('"seasonNumber":"(.+?)"', re.DOTALL).findall(content)
    spl = content.split('href="'+urlMainS+'/gp/product')
    for i in range(1, len(spl), 1):
(2015-09-18, 10:07)Ed76 Wrote: http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Attac...ugins-zip/

Access denied - and I dont speak germal to pass the "are you human" test to get through registration - whats the answer?
(2015-09-18, 16:59)skydivertricky Wrote:
(2015-09-18, 10:07)Ed76 Wrote: http://www.kodinerds.net/index.php/Attac...ugins-zip/

Access denied - and I dont speak germal to pass the "are you human" test to get through registration - whats the answer?

try to download sandmann79 repo from here

https://github.com/sualfred/sualfreds-re...79.plugins

1.0.1 should be up to date.
(2015-09-18, 16:59)skydivertricky Wrote:

The answer is "sterne" according to google. I downloaded the zip file and it just contains "addon.xml" with absolutely no instructions what to do with it. I have no idea how to proceed.

Browser launcher ?
Amazon Plugin ?

I already installed the Amazon Prime Instant Video addon but it only worked for a day or two. Now it's practically dead, even with all the suggested changes to the "userAgent =" stuff.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)6