[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)
(2015-10-30, 12:34)stevellion Wrote: Here's the crazy thing. Amazon should be supporting us on this.

I have a paid Amazon prime membership, they keep reminding me to use it for video. And for a while, it was great.
The kids were using it regularly via Kodi on the TV's in the house, I was using it to watch some of their Amazon only mini-series (such as the Pirate one, and the new one about the god-driven crazy lawyer..)
But now.. since they changed the DRM.. not once have we watched a single thing.

It makes me question my Amazon prime membership altogether. I'm hoping the single iOS device in the house will work and I can airplay to one of my Kodi clients, but that's a faff. not ideal at all. Not compared to the kid-friendly, simple to use interface we had via the Kodi add-on.

So what do Amazon want us to do? Buy another piece of hardware that they'll make no profit on, just to play Amazon prime, but now needing a complete different interface and separate source into the Telly? Which, of course, won't go via my SPDIF based Amp, which my Kodi client does.
It's wasteful for all and delivers an inferior solution.

And for what.. to make it difficult for someone to rip the Amazon prime content.. like that's going to stop the guys that know how to do that...

Maybe Amazon could release a binary plugin or something? Maybe something that works like the SpotiMC technology. (Which is not ideal, but works)
<Grumble>

I don't suppose anyone has any contacts they could speak to? :-)

Two words... Fire TV... They will never support a third party app that competes with their hardware.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE) - by locoguano - 2015-11-01, 01:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)6