Release WeMo Toggle
Sorry I didn't notice that option, yes with the toggle option both versions you posted worked flawless. Second wemo was slightly delayed but that does not matter to me at all.

Thank you for your service, future suggestion would be an option to maybe group a few to one shortcut and another group to another shortcut key. IE kitchen lights set to "K" and Family Room lights set to "F" etc. I don't need this but it would be nice to great groups for certain devices.

Please add to official repo, with what you have now as it is perfect for my current needs.
(2015-11-30, 01:57)jebise Wrote: Sorry I didn't notice that option, yes with the toggle option both versions you posted worked flawless. Second wemo was slightly delayed but that does not matter to me at all.

Thank you for your service, future suggestion would be an option to maybe group a few to one shortcut and another group to another shortcut key. IE kitchen lights set to "K" and Family Room lights set to "F" etc. I don't need this but it would be nice to great groups for certain devices.

Please add to official repo, with what you have now as it is perfect for my current needs.

Thank you for the feedback. I will put in a request soon to have it updated in the official repo. Please report back if you experience any issues.
Can you plase check your addon.xml?
I don't think you should have <language>English</language> in there.

And even if you want to look it down to english users, it should be <language>en</language>
(2015-12-23, 12:49)Razze Wrote: Can you plase check your addon.xml?
I don't think you should have <language>English</language> in there.

And even if you want to look it down to english users, it should be <language>en</language>

Thank you, Razze. I will update my addon.xml and send out a request to have it updated in the repo.

Edit: Update requested.
Thanks for this add on: I'm using not for lights but to power up some monitor speakers connected via bluetooth to a RasPi running LibreElec.
We use the speakers in the TV most of the time but for music etc its nice to toggle the sound to the Speakers via bluetooth
I've automated the audio toggle using the Audio Profile Addon (Which is excellent as it allows a different preset volume for the TV Vs the Monitor Speakers)
I've link the script to invoke the Wemo Toggle to a button on the RC unit and the another button on the Remote to Toggle the Audio Profile.

To be sure things work as expected when the Pi boots I've set an Audoexec.py to switch the audio to TV (default) and on the Wemo Remote App on my phone I set a rule to auto powerdown the speakers after 2 hours.
All of the above seem to work work with Video and Audio (Jango and Google Play Music add on on the RasPi work well!)

Been using the set up for a few days no issue, worked first time!

Thanks again for a great add on- Works perfectly!
Is there any way i can use this to turn a device on, rather than off during playback? Thanks
Is there a way to map this to a keys but as dedicated "wemo on" and "wemo off" buttons? I prefer discrete options to toggles.

Also, how would I launch it via JSON? That makes it easier to use in Irule. In fact since Irule only sends JSON, I don't know how else I would use this plugin at all -- I don't know how to send a specific key via JSON.

Actually, how does this plugin even work? I can't use irule to send HTTP commands directly to the Wemo, it doesn't work even though I use the correct IP and ports and the "/upnp/control/basicevent1?1" command. But this plugin works fine. My debug log doesn't show anything other than

15:15:34 T:12960 DEBUG: CInputManager::OnKey: f12 (0xf09b) pressed, action is Skin.SetString(wemoToggle, 0)
15:15:34 T:12960 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x58, sym: 0x0125, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
15:15:34 T:13116 DEBUG: WeMo Toggle - Switch: Toggled

so I can't see what this plug is doing differently.

edit: Nevermind, got this working through Irule. Someone already had the device set up in the community device library.
Guys, I'm buying some wemo switch insight.
   I'm a kodi user, so I'll integrate this addon.
   Would anyone be sharing experience with wemo?

CONGRATULATIONS BY ADDON.
(2017-01-21, 20:46)jubilex Wrote: Is there a way to map this to a keys but as dedicated "wemo on" and "wemo off" buttons? I prefer discrete options to toggles.

Also, how would I launch it via JSON? That makes it easier to use in Irule. In fact since Irule only sends JSON, I don't know how else I would use this plugin at all -- I don't know how to send a specific key via JSON.

Actually, how does this plugin even work? I can't use irule to send HTTP commands directly to the Wemo, it doesn't work even though I use the correct IP and ports and the "/upnp/control/basicevent1?1" command. But this plugin works fine. My debug log doesn't show anything other than

15:15:34 T:12960 DEBUG: CInputManager::OnKey: f12 (0xf09b) pressed, action is Skin.SetString(wemoToggle, 0)
15:15:34 T:12960 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x58, sym: 0x0125, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
15:15:34 T:13116 DEBUG: WeMo Toggle - Switch: Toggled

so I can't see what this plug is doing differently.

edit: Nevermind, got this working through Irule. Someone already had the device set up in the community device library.

Glad you got it working FYI this is what I do to turn a pair of active speakers on and off. I use the wemo toggle code and link it to a remote control button. As the code is a toggle the same button is used for on and off. I also change audio profile as the gain on the active speakers > normal TV this handles volume defaults, audio out (bluetooth / HDMI switching) and power (via Wemo toggle)

Code:
<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="389264">runscript(script.audio.profiles,0)</key><key id="389266">Skin.SetString(wemoToggle, 0)</key><key id="389267">Skin.SetString(wemoToggle, 0)</key></keyboard></global></keymap>
Hi,

I have 3 WeMo switches, but I only want to toggle 2 of the WeMo switches in my home. However, when I select the option 'Enable off/on for multiple switches,' all 3 of switches are toggled, as opposed to only the 2 that I want to designate.

How can I correct for this?

Thank you!
Is it possible to add TP Link Kasa light switch support?
Would it be possible to have different keyboard toggles for each different wemo light?
I just tested this out with a wemo dimmer and it works.
But deff would like to have better support for the dimmer.
instead of turning the lights on/off also set the brightness with the command (if specified). which looks as simple as just doing brightness=int(#)
found python3 code - https://github.com/pavoni/pywemo/blob/ma.../dimmer.py
alright added some code to it to 'toggle brightness' - if used it passes the startStop / playPause brightness levels the user sets. otherwise it just toggles the switch as before.
this was done to serve my purpose where in a media room I just want to toggle brightness down/up during playback. (toggling brightness does not change switch state)
in case anyone wants: http://zoggy.net/service.wemo.toggle-zoggy.zip
looks amazing ima order some of these bulbs just for this!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeMo Toggle0