• 3(current)
Kodi doesn't pickup new tv episodes
Are those different than the nightlies here? http://kodi.wiki/view/Development_builds

If so, then no, I have not. I will do so later this evening.
The version you linked seems to work. It picked up two new episodes (the only new ones). I will report back here if I have any further problems. Thank you!
I haven't tried it yet. Is there a PPA i need to add to ubuntu besides the stable and the unstable PPAs i currently have?

I didnt see a link for the ubuntu in that link. unless i'm just blind
I've got the same problem, yesterday, ive bought my raspberry and it scanned al my show, added a bunch of new shows to my share but it doesnt scan it. Weird thing is then when i clear my library all the shows scanned yesterday remain in there. I have the same problem with my movies, it wont scan them either.
(2015-01-30, 15:43)priley2327 Wrote: I haven't tried it yet. Is there a PPA i need to add to ubuntu besides the stable and the unstable PPAs i currently have?

I didnt see a link for the ubuntu in that link. unless i'm just blind

v14.1 has been released now, so it should soon show up as a stable update for your existing install.
(2015-01-30, 18:03)mdoe82 Wrote: I've got the same problem, yesterday, ive bought my raspberry and it scanned al my show, added a bunch of new shows to my share but it doesnt scan it. Weird thing is then when i clear my library all the shows scanned yesterday remain in there. I have the same problem with my movies, it wont scan them either.

Wait for your distro provider (OpenELEC, OSMC, XBian, etc) to update to v14.1, and then it should be fixed. Most have a configuration add-on that has an update button, to check for available updates.
I'll try the stable version today, but it looks like I spoke too soon on it being fixed with the version you linked previously.
The new stable release still missed a couple new episodes.
i have had this issue crop up when adding new TV show folders but not episodes, the solution i found to work was they would show up if i browsed for it via file mode and then hitting i for info and Kodi would then do a media scan and add it to library maybe this will work for episodes also, an easier work around at best though
(2015-01-31, 23:47)orby Wrote: i have had this issue crop up when adding new TV show folders but not episodes, the solution i found to work was they would show up if i browsed for it via file mode and then hitting i for info and Kodi would then do a media scan and add it to library maybe this will work for episodes also, an easier work around at best though

Tried it, gives me the message no info found.
My issue is that when I add a new TV series to the library, it won't scan it at all. This is after SickBeard has renamed the files, downloaded thumbs and nfo files and then moved everything to the show's directory. Going into the Files view in Kodi, right clicking on the TV show name and scanning for new content finds nothing. Right clicking and choosing episode information on each video file does nothing, despite each file having a corresponding nfo file. A big THANK YOU to someone a page or two back who mentioned that you have to right click on the show itself and choose Show Information before Kodi will recognize there's a new show in the database.
Hi, same issue here once I have upgraded to Kodi. My work around is go into the file view and manually get the episode information. Once done the episode shows in the library I think the problem is that Kodi is not detecting file changes anymore. My structure is as follow TV/Series/Season/episode.

Note: I'm using TVDB scrapper and it is working, but not when I scan the Library, it only works from file view and on the file I choose to get the Episode information. Was on XBMC and then updated to Kodi 14.1 , I use FTP to upload files to external drives which are connected to MAC mini. I have been using XBMC for the past 3 years.
I've also had this problem since 14.0 and still have the same problem with 14.1

Scanning into a mysql db, all the shows are shared from a HP N40L.

Tried the scanning from the library from a Raspberry Pi running openELEC, from the server running windows and from a dell mini 9 running kodibuntu.
I started seeing this issue recently too. I think it may have been when I updated to kodi 14.1 but that might just be a coincidence.

For the most part the errors I am seeing are because:
18:46:33 T:139702035474368 ERROR: ShowIMDB: could not add episode ... (REDACTED! Smile) ... tvshow does not exist yet..

But if I go to IMDB the episodes are there. So something seems to be broken with the IMDB scraper maybe.

To fix this I changed my tv show scraper to the TV db. Instructions are out on the kodi wiki but here they are copied/pasted:

To install this add-on you must do so from the Add-on manager from within XBMC/Kodi by going to:
Settings
Add-ons
Get add-ons
XBMC/Kodi add-on repository
TV information
The TVDB
Install

Then configure the add on. This fixed my issue.
My sources are the TVDB by default, issue still happening for me if I use TVDB or the 'local only' option that just uses local NFO files... Unless my NFO files are coming from IMDB and have the same issue as zambein.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't pickup new tv episodes0