• 4(current)
Kodi doesn't pickup new tv episodes
What are you using to generate NFO files? - a third party media manager?
Using TVrename. Tried Ember also, didnt seem to help.
Same here

My Folders are TV_Shows/TV show name/Season/Episode.ext
all ran from Freenas on an SMB share.

It was Ok with XBMC but it also shows episodes as 1x01 in the Files section of Videos when they are actually S01E01
(2015-02-04, 13:41)glac Wrote: Using TVrename. Tried Ember also, didnt seem to help.

He He - wasn't going to suggest it would - in fact quite the opposite. Unless your sources file names are totally cryptic or you have some compulsive desire to tidy up the file names, I've never found any compelling reason to use anything other than xbmc to scrape for metadata (most release groups files, if that is where you source your content, scrape just fine in their native format, without renaming). Providing kodi has the minimum information - season and episode numbers in a recognised format - then kodi should find them.

I've never used either, so it may well be that the nfo format they are using isn't compatible with Kodi. Why not test with a small sample (1 season of a show which is causing issues), remove it from Kodi (take outwith your monitored folders), set up the same show within the monitored folder and transfer ONLY the media files, leave all the pre-generated nfo files and artwork if any where there are, then run a 'scan for new content' see if anything happens.

I feel for you guys, but seriously I have been running xbmc/kodi now for the best part of 6 years and other than source downtime (tvdb, tmdb etc) xbmc hasn't failed yet to scarpe new episodes and I carry out this function on a daily basis.

I appreciate there may be a more technical problem to this issue, but it may just help the troubleshooting mechanism to eliminate another part of the equation. Good luck.
(2015-02-04, 14:28)steelman1991 Wrote: I've never used either, so it may well be that the nfo format they are using isn't compatible with Kodi. Why not test with a small sample (1 season of a show which is causing issues), remove it from Kodi (take outwith your monitored folders), set up the same show within the monitored folder and transfer ONLY the media files, leave all the pre-generated nfo files and artwork if any where there are, then run a 'scan for new content' see if anything happens.

I'll remove some of the shows running at the moment having the issue from TVRename. Remove them from the library, re add and only use kodi scrapers. I'll have to wait until a new episode comes out as removing the show/or the entire library and re adding always finds the episodes that were previously an issue.

I'm not convinced its a problem with the nfo files, if it was why would it add the episodes that were problematic after removing everything from the library and re-adding the sources? (using options for tvdb or local only both behave the same)
I only have the media files themselves in my share (no nfo files) and it doesn't pick up every new episode for me. It does -sometimes- (rarely), but for most shows it won't pick up any new episodes at all. My files are named "Show Name - SxEE - Episode Name", a naming convention which I can personally vouch has worked with XBMC for years. This absolutely did not start until I upgraded to Kodi.
If you have NFO files made by a media manager.. Does kodi still 'scrape' online ??

I thought it simply found the files.. found the NFOs and used that data for ID ??
(2015-02-05, 06:50)Phat Phreddy Wrote: If you have NFO files made by a media manager.. Does kodi still 'scrape' online ??

I thought it simply found the files.. found the NFOs and used that data for ID ??

Nope.
If you have nfo it will not get extra data
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I tried cleaning up my library to see if it would add the new shows, weird thing is that after clearing my library it still shows the shows that were in there. So it doesn't seem to clean my library either.
Also it doesn't remember which shows are seen, when i go to file view and i watch a show it checks it. But when i go out of that folder and back again the check is gone.
Im kind of getting the feeling that it's just doesn't save anything i do. Is that even possible?
Just removed Suits from the source directory, cleaned the library. Deleted all the .nfo and .tbn files in its directory then moved only the video files back with their directory structure as

-Suits
--season 1
---Suits S0xExx.mp4

Scanning the library which added everything no worries.
But then I introduced the newest episode S04E12 and scanned again numerous times only for it to not add.
But did you use either of the media managers you previously mentioned, prior to adding to the library?

Just as an after thought, have any of you added this to 'bugtracker' - let the devs look more closely at it. The link is in the banner along the top of the page.
(2015-02-05, 08:09)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-02-05, 06:50)Phat Phreddy Wrote: If you have NFO files made by a media manager.. Does kodi still 'scrape' online ??

Nope.
If you have nfo it will not get extra data

Thats how I thought it should be.. But then I have many shows.. With NFOs.. That TinyMediaManager sees and loads up precisely right..

But Kodi doesnt see ANY eps.. Many seasons, many Ep.. all with NFO files.. skipped by Kodi..

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=415507

Thats my reset TV Shows and rescan log.. This scan was for local NFO data..

Check Its always sunny in philidelphia and Sopranos.. Whats wrong with that naming or the NFO files..
(2015-02-05, 09:57)steelman1991 Wrote: But did you use either of the media managers you previously mentioned, prior to adding to the library?

Just as an after thought, have any of you added this to 'bugtracker' - let the devs look more closely at it. The link is in the banner along the top of the page.

Nope, no .nfo files for that TV series were created by anything before I updated the library.

And I just had a look at the bug tracker.... anddd I have no idea how to log a ticket, I'll try have a go tomorrow after some sleep.
(2015-02-05, 09:33)glac Wrote: Just removed Suits from the source directory, cleaned the library. Deleted all the .nfo and .tbn files in its directory then moved only the video files back with their directory structure as

-Suits
--season 1
---Suits S0xExx.mp4

Scanning the library which added everything no worries.
But then I introduced the newest episode S04E12 and scanned again numerous times only for it to not add.

OK - just tried a quick test using your naming format - though not quite sure which one you actually used - the first one ---Suits S0xExx.mp4 - fails completely, either in mp4 or mkv format. The second one however S04E12 works and adds perfectly - as I would have expected as its the same convention that I use.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity I set up dummy files using the recommended naming conventions in the wiki - see here http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows and all worked perfectly, prefixed with Suits (as per your first example). I then tried your example minus the S and E and voila it imported perfectly.

For some reason the inclusion of S&E is causing failure in that combination (don't know why - someone with more knowledge of kodi and regexp's will have to chip in on that one). But if you are going to rename your files you might want to set-up the rename app to avoid that particular combination.
(2015-02-05, 12:28)steelman1991 Wrote: OK - just tried a quick test using your naming format - though not quite sure which one you actually used - the first one ---Suits S0xExx.mp4 - fails completely, either in mp4 or mkv format. The second one however S04E12 works and adds perfectly.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity I set up dummy files using the recommended naming conventions in the wiki - see here http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows and all worked perfectly, prefixed with Suits (as per your first example). I then tried your example minus the S and E and voila it imported perfectly.

For some reason the inclusion of S&E is causing failure in that combination (don't know why - someone with more knowledge of kodi and regexp's will have to chip in on that one). But if you are going to rename your files you might want to set-up the rename app to avoid that particular combination.

Sorry, probably my lack of knowledge of the terminology with describing my naming convention.

All my shows are in a folder that's the show name, then season 1 etc. then the files are "suits S01E01.mp4" and so on. Are you suggesting I change to "suits 0101.mp4" ?

Odd that its worked for years, and still half works at the moment instead of just completely failing...
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't pickup new tv episodes0