Android XBMC / Kodi movie scraper not working on Android
Lads, just wondering if your XBMC is working properly via android. I have a number of devices at home (mostly windows based) and they work a dream with the
scrapers for movies etc - just like nature intended. I also have an EVO Xfinity (Android OS) and an Android tablet which both do all the things I got them for EXCEPT
scrape the movie info, fan art etc.

I initially thought it was the different versions of XBMC / Kodi but after downloading and running different versions on Windows I can only conclude that
its the Android side of things. I am pulling my movies etc from my NAS drive. Another problems is that I cant delete my movie sources (to allow me to build again
from scratch). Unless I REALLY have to, I don't want to reflash my box to update XBMC although that still wont solve my tablet issue.

Any help appreciated........James
There should be no issue with scraping.

First, have you actually "Set Content" on your movie sources? Including picking of the scraper? Please post a debug log of you trying to Update Library

Please explain how you are trying to delete your movie sources.... by going to Videos->Files-> Highlighting the source and clicking remove source?
I have a Synology DS1812+ NAS and I can confirm the issue occurs on any implementation of SAMBA. However it doesn't occur using a Windows SMB share.
I enabled logging on my Synology and after inspecting the log file I discovered that KODI was crashing when it couldn't find a "VIDEO_TS.IFO" file in each of the sub-folders.
So I placed an empty zero byte "VIDEO_TS.IFO" file in each sub-folder and marked it Hidden (just my personal preference) and now the Movie scraper no longer crashes KODI.
Good good, feel free to mark this thread as solved.
Thanks for the feedback folks. I am at present unable to update from Frodo (limitations of the android box) and so there are no "movies" as there are in Gotham and Kodi. There is only "Videos". Would this make a difference when trying to "Set Content"? As I say, it works perfectly on my windows devices but they have more recent editions of XBMC/Kodi installed.

When browsing the sources for videos it should give the option to remove a source - mine does not.

@telfordje - I'll give that a go and see how it goes.

thanks all
Yes, that means you are "Files" mode. Meaning you haven't actually added the movies from your file source to the "Library" (aka Movies).

I may not have been perfectly clear, goto Videos->Files-> Highlighting the source, press the "C" button (or right click), click edit source, make sure the location is good, click ok, then a "Set Content" screen should pop up, this is where you will change it to movies and select the scraper you want to use.

A lot has changed since Frodo, but the steps should generally be the same.
As my android box has a terminal illness (ethernet port has fried) I will try it on the tablet tonight and see.

Thanks for the help
Running Kodi 14.0, 14.1 Jan 18th build, and 15.0 Jan 19th night on various Minix X7's, FireTV's and Win8.1 and all scrape just fine. My primary boxes are the Minix X7's running Android KitKat 4.4.2 and those work [effectively] perfect. There is still the issue with python PIL not working in 14.x and is why I am running 15.0 until devs add that into 14.x.

I have my 14.1 box set to scan sources on startup and it gets my new additions and scrapes them properly and my 15.0 Alpha Minix X7 running Android KitKat 4.4.2 just uses watchdog add-on to keep up with the changes without auto-scanning.

I would say something else is going on instead of an issue with the scraper. Perhaps filesystem permissions, misconfiguration, or even user error <- I hate to say but do so politely.
User error I hear you say - I'll not rule that out yet either!! I did, in my defence manage to get all my windows devices working perfect.

Anyway, I tried the tablet last night and cannot get the "set content" menu anywhere. I went onto my windows devices and can get to the scraper setup no bother.
The movies play etc but its just not working as it should. My android box is running v4.0.3 (not sure if i can upgrade this along with an upgrade from Frodo but will ask when I'm sending it away for repair)

Cheers
---POST DELETED -- INCORRECT INFORMATION

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC / Kodi movie scraper not working on Android1