• 111(current)
Animated Movie Posters
Hi guys,
Now that i can get AB working on my animatedposter.gif and manage to download them in the movie folder on my nas, KODI (18.3) is now recognizing the gifs and put them on the movie.
The fact is that i can only see the first frame of the gifs and the animation doesn't work.

I m using Aeon MQ 8 but with other skins i have the same problem.

Is there something i have to set up?

Thanks
@nikeb 
animated images need to be stored locally to animate...they can't be on network storage.
Thank you but i still have some movies scraped some years ago, with different version of kodi and addons, that has the animated poster, even if there aren't gif files in the movie folder. I don't know maybe i just have to wait next version of Kodi for make them work? Seems strange that i can see the gifs, but only the first frame
(2019-08-22, 09:42)nikeb Wrote: that has the animated poster, even if there aren't gif files in the movie folder
That's the SkinHelper solution you'r talking about. Read the first post of this thread or with more overview of this thread
But as @bennyhanna said, that does not change the fact that animated stuff does not work over network.
(2016-03-23, 15:15)rschiks Wrote: Creating a website next to all that is to much for me right now.
posting from spring 2016
The times have changed! Luckily!  Nod
For some movies the KyraDB artwork content can easily keep up with fanart.tv.
Example this movie Zootopia (2016) can offer a collection of 7 animated poster.
2 english, 2 german, 2 french - each one normal and one with 3D suffix, and an additional keyart (textless)
In Artwork Beef the language tags should already work in Artwork Beef on bulk/batch depending wich language you have set.
I've never tested out for other languages, although i am german i scrape only english artwork. This is working fine and also the distinction between keyart (textless poster)
Maybe someone could test another language in the Artwork Beef bulk/batch (german or french). It should then prefer them and work fine.

On next Artwork Beef version also the vote new vote system takes place.
It will then first prefer the language you set, and then second prefer the highest voted.

This all is of course just for the bulk/batch method...

Of course on the context menu choose manual method you can choose every artwork you like independent of language and vote stuff. 

KyraDB has then upgrade from basic to full implementation status and is then the same functional as fanart.tv API methods.
___

@rschiks (and may also interest @rmrector )
You asked me wich will be preferred on fanart.tv if the votes are equal or not voted yet. random?
It took 1 week to get fanart.tv maintainer Kode on the line, the answer "probably the one that was uploaded first"

That means he does not know exactly.
But with Artwork Beef and my Media Manager, i always get on the fanart.tv stuff the same equal sorting.
That means it's definitely not random but a system behind it. Probably the date.
where do i find kyra db in kodi to install it
(2019-08-24, 02:16)kow1234 Wrote: where do i find kyra db in kodi to install it

It is an website no addon go to kyradb.com
@rschiks @rmrector 
(2019-08-23, 22:02)chrissix Wrote: @rschiks (and may also interest @rmrector )
You asked me wich will be preferred on fanart.tv if the votes are equal or not voted yet. random?
It took 1 week to get fanart.tv maintainer Kode on the line, the answer "probably the one that was uploaded first"

But with Artwork Beef and my Media Manager, i always get on the fanart.tv stuff the same equal sorting.
That means it's definitely not random but a system behind it. Probably the date.

to finish this statement i asked a second time Kode (fanart.tv maintainer):
Quote:But you don't know exactly? I use Artwork Beef (Kodi API artwork scraper) and use Media Companion (Media Manager with same artwork features), both implemented the fanart.tv API nice, and on both there is everytime the equal sorting if votes are equal or no votes yet. So there is definitively a system behind.
Answer:
Quote:The order will be whatever mysql spits out, so if there are no votes it will probably be by id, which is incremental, so by order of upload
Regardless though, they are using the same api, so they will get the same results, so I'm not sure why its surprising they are the same?
(2019-08-25, 07:42)chrissix Wrote: @rschiks @rmrector 
(2019-08-23, 22:02)chrissix Wrote: @rschiks (and may also interest @rmrector )

to finish this statement i asked a second time Kode (fanart.tv maintainer):
Quote:But you don't know exactly? I use Artwork Beef (Kodi API artwork scraper) and use Media Companion (Media Manager with same artwork features), both implemented the fanart.tv API nice, and on both there is everytime the equal sorting if votes are equal or no votes yet. So there is definitively a system behind.
Answer:
Quote:The order will be whatever mysql spits out, so if there are no votes it will probably be by id, which is incremental, so by order of upload
Regardless though, they are using the same api, so they will get the same results, so I'm not sure why its surprising they are the same?
Kode's answer is not that strange. Unless you don't do something yourself about the sorting, it's whatever SQL returns first.
Proud owner of comics42.shop 
I've seen this explanation time and time again:
Quote:Network limitation warning:
Kodi doesn't save animated artwork to the texture cache and will not play them (only displaying the first frame) unless they are stored on a client-local file system.
In other words animated artwork do not work across networks. The image must be local to the Kodi installation or on a local drive Kodi accessing directly.

But, why?
Will this be ever be "fixed"?
(2019-10-02, 06:16)morphx Wrote: I've seen this explanation time and time again:
Quote:Network limitation warning:
Kodi doesn't save animated artwork to the texture cache and will not play them (only displaying the first frame) unless they are stored on a client-local file system.
In other words animated artwork do not work across networks. The image must be local to the Kodi installation or on a local drive Kodi accessing directly.

But, why?
Will this be ever be "fixed"? 

UPDATE (Several hours later):

First of all, I'm sorry if this is clearly explained somewhere else.

After my last post I thought...

So since Kodi will only support locally stored GIF files (animated artwork) I though... well, then let's mount all the SAMBA resources as local folders; maybe that will "bypass" Kodi's limitation. And it did!

In my case, since I'm using LibreELEC, I was able to follow these instructions so I just had to re-direct Kodi's library sources to point to the locally mounted folders and all the animated art started working just fine.
--
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated Movie Posters13