• 118(current)
Animated Movie Posters
Question 
(2020-08-19, 21:20)GOLD3N 5iX Wrote: i liked bennyhanna birds of prey but i just couldn't let go of my current still so i just animated it, hope you like it. its also rough around the edges

Really nice one!

But can you offer your animated posters in half of this size please? 8mb is way too much for one poster. 500x713 like most other posters here are a fair deal and it looks still nice and clear in Kodi.

Keep it coming!
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
Large displays appreciate the higher resolution despite the file size.  Please consider never to skimp on them.  TIA.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2020-08-20, 03:32)brazen1 Wrote: Large displays appreciate the higher resolution despite the file size.  Please consider never to skimp on them.  TIA.

Yes, i always prefer to go for high quality. But not in this case. Iam using a 65" 4K TV and the "small" ones still look great and sharp.

Iam also using a Nvidia Shield Tv which is the fastest Android Box at the moment. But not everyone is using fast hardware for Kodi. And so it looks not good when you have a delay for loading these giant posters.
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
On an 82", the smaller resolution gifs are borderline junk.  I can only imagine what they look like on 150" screens.  There is nothing great or sharp about them because they are what they are - mediocre artwork probably intended for cell phones and other small displays where pride in workmanship isn't important.   Often I replace them with static jpg's at larger resolutions to make my library presentable once I actually see how bad they look installed in Kodi.  I use hundreds and hundreds of them fwiw.  Imo, if someone prefers to use slow hardware, suggesting that high performance enhancements would be better served as low performance enhancements is kind of ridiculous if you ask me.  Some of the highest quality gifs are shared in this forum by some very talented folks.  I doubt they would ever consider taking steps backwards for slow pokes.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2020-08-20, 17:22)brazen1 Wrote: On an 82", the smaller resolution gifs are borderline junk.  I can only imagine what they look like on 150" screens.  There is nothing great or sharp about them because they are what they are - mediocre artwork probably intended for cell phones and other small displays

Ok, a 82" or 85" display is a bit bigger than a standard 65". But i think it also depends on what type of view in your skin you are using and how big your posters are shown on the screen. Iam using MQ7 and the right list view for movies. And i say it again - most animated posters within this thread are looking good.

150" screens? Are you joking? How many ppl on this board are using 150" screens?
I think most ppl are using standard screens between 55" and 75". The Hi-Fi and Kodi freaks are using a beamer additionally...

(2020-08-20, 17:22)brazen1 Wrote: Some of the highest quality gifs are shared in this forum by some very talented folks. I doubt they would ever consider taking steps backwards for slow pokes.

Where i can find these highest quality gif's? I only know this thread and i also wanna take a look. Thanks.
82" vs 65" is a 20% gain in screen size.  I don't consider that "a bit" but to each his own.  Yes, I agree.  The size you display your posters at becomes less critical when you choose tiny views.  I happen to use the largest Aeon Nox offers with its MyFlix view.  I just took a tape measure to a poster.  Each is 12 3/4 x 8 1/2.  That's over a foot tall for a poster on my little 82" display.  This is the beauty of 10' interfaces.  Clarity becomes critical at these sizes.  If anything, I'd like to see animatedposter.gifs offer higher resolutions than they currently are although the better ones are acceptable whereas the mediocre ones are unusable at these sizes imo.

No, I'm not joking about 150" screens?  They are common among PJ users.  Even more common would be in the 110" range.  I don't consider them "freaks" either.

I find the gifs I like on the internet.  I simply don't have the time or the ambition to create them myself since I am creating other time consuming HTPC wonders openly shared on the internet.  Besides this forum, google is my friend.  So is GIPHY to name a couple from a very long list.  Happy hunting.

sorry i never considered android machines i use a gaming pc, i will upload 2 ver to support both platforms.  Blush
small sizeImage
half size Image
(2020-08-21, 19:32)GOLD3N 5iX Wrote: half size

Thank you! Thats great. 2.4mb is a good deal for a poster like that and is loading fast enough in kodi.

Maybe for future posters you can post the full size one for users like brazen and the half size one for all other. That would be great.

You are very talented. Hope to see more from you...
small size
small size Image
(2020-08-22, 02:34)MrSmith2019 Wrote:

Thank you! Thats great. 2.4mb is a good deal for a poster like that and is loading fast enough in kodi.

Maybe for future posters you can post the full size one for users like brazen and the half size one for all other. That would be great.

no problems, when ever im free i work on a few frames, ill probably just focus on the older art work that never got animated and leave the new stuff to mouflo and bennyhana, that way more content should be available rather than duplicates
(2020-08-22, 02:34)MrSmith2019 Wrote:

No need to alter what is created nor add extra workload.  I'm happy to use whatever is provided and thankful it's shared.

• 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Animated Movie Posters13