Req Shortcut include all movie categories in scraper settings with manually refresh
Hello all,

I would like to request a shortcut to the Scraper Settings when I'm scraping manually using the "refresh" option in my movie library. I want to elaborate this with the following example;

I'm a fan of shorts, so short movies, animated or not, I like them. Also, short documentaries about a single topic are very popular with me, I use them to explain certain (historic) topics to my class in school. The problem is, KODI does not always recognize them. Even not when manually refreshing. I'd like to give the following example:

The Unluckiest Dragon - a short about the biggest thermonuclear bomb the US ever made and an unlucky boat which happened to be around.
It is on IMDB; http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2808668/ so it should be capable of being scraped.

However, even with manual search, the scraper does not find the title. I know that changing the settings of the scraper is the solution, but I would like to see an option, when manually scraping, for "Include All Categories" - I know that this is a specific option for the UMS, so even a shortcut to scraper settings would be nice. I want to point out that, if this feature would be embedded, the scraper settings should only be changed for the specific file! (for obvious reasons).

I know there are already solutions, but they are not really user friendly for the following reasons;

Solution 1:

Go to System --> Settings --> Addons --> Enabled Add-ons --> Movie Information --> Universal Movie Scraper --> Configure --> Search --> and activate "Include All Movie Categories"
then go back to manual refreshing the file, select the result and go back to the UMS settings to unactivate the "Include All Movie Categories" since it will decrease accuracy if I'm scraping normal movies (which I'll do in 75% of the time).
Problems with this solution; if I forget to change the settings back well..... and ofcourse; a lot of work for a single file.

Solution 2:

Go to the specific file and chance the scraper settings. But first, set the scraper settings to NONE, delete the entry, set scraper settings to UMS, include all MC, scrape, go to the library (because the wrong entry is filled in), go to manual search and find the right entry.

Also a lot of work, especially finding the file, deleting it from the library and then still go to manual scraping. This might be a good solution for a single file, but I use a lot of shorts for my job.

Solution 3:

Make a NFO file. This might look like the best solution but it has one downside; the information is not updated (automatically) anymore, as in, if i would update my library it will not update the information of the manually made NFO's. With movies, most of the information is available even before the release. With shorts, the information is added piece by piece (by me, for example) - especially when they become nominated for an Oscar or something.

So that's why I would like to see a shortcut or some kind of button in which I can search manually within all movie categories, without changing the scraper settings for all movies (and without solution 2 because I'm a bit lazy Wink )

Thank you for reading the story!

Kind regards,

Wedge
Sorry, didn't read the whole thing. But with the Universal Movie Scraper, when you refresh and use the manual input method, you can type in the IMDB TT number. So for example, type in tt2808668 and it will scrape the correct movie.
Well, that solves the problem!

Why isn't it stated in the guide?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Incorrect_and_missing_videos

That would have saved me like ages Big Grin Thanks for your help!
Because the people who wrote that page didn't know that was a feature ;)
No problem. Feel free to add it to the wiki if you want!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcut include all movie categories in scraper settings with manually refresh0