How do i force the view to "Thumbs Info"?
Hi guys, i've been messing around with the "MyVideoNav.xml" to change the default view to "Thumbs Info". However that never works!
I've also enabling Kiosk mode, but whenever i am going to page 2 the view changes to the list (which is the default).

How can i force it to only view in thumbs info??

I am using Kodi v.14 with the skin Rapier
Hi prefor.

I need a little more info.

Is it in the entire skin (movies/tv shows/movies libraries) you want Thumbs Info View?
What do you mean by page 2?

Certain add-ons force the user to use certain standard views (like List View or Icon View). Look in the add-on settings if there is a way to disable this. If this is not the case, you should bring this up with the add-on developer.

By enabling kiosk mode, you disable the top options menubar, which is where you select the views in Rapier.

Try disabling kiosk mode, enter the movie library or wherever you want the view changed, press right or up to go to the top options menubar and select Thumbs Info View.

Do this also for tv shows and wherever you want this view. Once the view is changed, it will stay like this. Then you can enable kiosk mode again.
(2015-01-22, 22:13)Gade Wrote: Hi prefor.

I need a little more info.

Is it in the entire skin (movies/tv shows/movies libraries) you want Thumbs Info View?
What do you mean by page 2?

Certain add-ons force the user to use certain standard views (like List View or Icon View). Look in the add-on settings if there is a way to disable this. If this is not the case, you should bring this up with the add-on developer.

By enabling kiosk mode, you disable the top options menubar, which is where you select the views in Rapier.

Try disabling kiosk mode, enter the movie library or wherever you want the view changed, press right or up to go to the top options menubar and select Thumbs Info View.

Do this also for tv shows and wherever you want this view. Once the view is changed, it will stay like this. Then you can enable kiosk mode again.

Yes i want it in the entire skin if it works Sad
I'm using an add-on for movies and tv shows, i want to tell you, but i'm afraid that its against the rules and this thread is going to be locked.

I've done everything, there is no such settings in the add-on settings.
However i've read that you can "fix" this by editing your "MyVideoNav.xml" and edit some numbers there. From i can see the view i want (Thumbs Info) which is number 97. I've tried to edit this line:

<defaultcontrol always="true">50</defaultcontrol>

To this:

<defaultcontrol always="true">97</defaultcontrol>

But with no success...
Not all sections of Kodi have the Thumbs Info View. But if go to the top options menubar and select Thumbs Info View in the sections you like, the setting stays like this.

I kinda figured that it was an unsupported add-on forcing things upon the skin. Not much I can do about that.

Changing the defaultcontrol in MyVideoNav.xml from "500" to any other will not work, as id="500" is the container holding the specific views.

Try changing the views across the skin to Thumbs Info View and exit Kodi.

Replace the contents of MyVideoNav.xml to this:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window id="25">
    <defaultcontrol always="true">500</defaultcontrol>
    <allowoverlay>yes</allowoverlay>
    <views>97,100,74,73,68,94,587,63,90,91,93</views>
    <onload>Skin.Reset(ShowMediaExtraOptions)</onload>
    <onload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True)</onload>
    <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tv.show.next.aired) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]">RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,backend=True)</onload>
    <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow) + [Skin.HasSetting(UseFanartForMusicPlayingBG) | Skin.HasSetting(UseVisualizationAndFanartForMusicPlayingBG)] + Skin.HasSetting(EnableArtistFanartSlideshow)">RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>

<controls>
        <control type="group">
            <include>BackgroundDefault</include>
            <include condition="[[!IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomVideosBGPath)) + [Skin.String(CustomVideosBGType,2) | Skin.String(CustomVideosBGType,3)]]
            | Skin.String(CustomVideosBGType,4)] + Skin.HasSetting(ApplyAllVideosCustomBG)">BackgroundVideos</include>
            <include condition="[[!IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomMoviesBGPath)) + [Skin.String(CustomMoviesBGType,2) | Skin.String(CustomMoviesBGType,3)]]
            | Skin.String(CustomMoviesBGType,4)] + Skin.HasSetting(ApplyAllMoviesCustomBG)">BackgroundMovies</include>
            <include condition="[[!IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomTVShowsBGPath)) + [Skin.String(CustomTVShowsBGType,2) | Skin.String(CustomTVShowsBGType,3)]]
            | Skin.String(CustomTVShowsBGType,4)] + Skin.HasSetting(ApplyAllTVShowsCustomBG)">BackgroundTVShows</include>
            <include>BackgroundVideoFanart</include>
            <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableVideoPlayingBG)">BackgroundVideoPlaying</include>
            <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableMusicPlayingBG)">BackgroundMusicPlaying</include>
            <include>BackgroundOpenCloseAnim</include>
        </control>

<control type="group">
            <visible>!Window.IsActive(MovieInformation) + !Window.IsActive(AddonInformation)</visible>
            <include>MediaInfoOpenCloseAnim</include>
            <include>MoviesThumbsInfoView</include> <!-- 97 -->
            <include>TVShowsThumbsInfoView</include> <!-- 100 -->
            <include>EpisodesWideListView</include> <!-- 74 -->
            <include>EpisodesListInfoView</include> <!-- 73 -->
            <include>EpisodesListInfoView2</include> <!-- 68 -->
            <include>EpisodesListInfoView3</include> <!-- 94 -->
            <include>MusicVideosListInfoView2</include> <!-- 587 -->
            <include>AlbumThumbsView</include> <!-- 63 -->
            <include>AddonsWideListView</include> <!-- 90 -->
            <include>AddonsListInfoView</include> <!-- 91 -->
            <include>AddonsWrapListInfoView</include> <!-- 93 -->
        </control>

<include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(EnableKioskMode)">MediaMenuBar</include>

<control type="group">
            <description>Top Bar Area</description>
            <include>TopBarImage</include>
            <include>TopBarOpenCloseAnim</include>
            <include>BreadCrumbVideoLibrary</include>
            <include>Notifications</include>
        </control>
    </controls>        
</window>

I haven't tested this, but it should work if you do it in the order specified above. Maybe it will break some things across the skin though, but it's worth a try. Only tv shows and movies library is changed with this as Thumbs Info View do not exist for the other video sections.
(2015-01-22, 23:46)Gade Wrote: Not all sections of Kodi have the Thumbs Info View. But if go to the top options menubar and select Thumbs Info View in the sections you like, the setting stays like this.

I kinda figured that it was an unsupported add-on forcing things upon the skin. Not much I can do about that.

Changing the defaultcontrol in MyVideoNav.xml from "500" to any other will not work, as id="500" is the container holding the specific views.

Try changing the views across the skin to Thumbs Info View and exit Kodi.

Replace the contents of MyVideoNav.xml to this:

Code:
<window id="25">
    <views>97,100,74,73,68,94,587,63,90,91,93</views>
    <onload condition="!Skin.HasSetting(ActivateTvTunes) + System.HasAddon(script.tvtunes)">RunScript(script.tvtunes,backend=True)</onload>
    <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.tv.show.next.aired) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes)]">RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,backend=True)</onload>
    <onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.artistslideshow) + [Skin.HasSetting(UseFanartForMusicPlayingBG) | Skin.HasSetting(UseVisualizationAndFanartForMusicPlayingBG)] + Skin.HasSetting(EnableArtistFanartSlideshow)">RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>

<controls>
        <control type="group">
            <include>BackgroundDefault</include>
            <include condition="[[!IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomVideosBGPath)) + [Skin.String(CustomVideosBGType,2) | Skin.String(CustomVideosBGType,3)]]
            | Skin.String(CustomVideosBGType,4)] + Skin.HasSetting(ApplyAllVideosCustomBG)">BackgroundVideos</include>
            <include condition="[[!IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomMoviesBGPath)) + [Skin.String(CustomMoviesBGType,2) | Skin.String(CustomMoviesBGType,3)]]
            | Skin.String(CustomMoviesBGType,4)] + Skin.HasSetting(ApplyAllMoviesCustomBG)">BackgroundMovies</include>
            <include condition="[[!IsEmpty(Skin.String(CustomTVShowsBGPath)) + [Skin.String(CustomTVShowsBGType,2) | Skin.String(CustomTVShowsBGType,3)]]
            | Skin.String(CustomTVShowsBGType,4)] + Skin.HasSetting(ApplyAllTVShowsCustomBG)">BackgroundTVShows</include>
            <include>BackgroundVideoFanart</include>
            <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableVideoPlayingBG)">BackgroundVideoPlaying</include>
            <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(DisableMusicPlayingBG)">BackgroundMusicPlaying</include>
            <include>BackgroundOpenCloseAnim</include>
        </control>

<control type="group">
            <visible>!Window.IsActive(MovieInformation) + !Window.IsActive(AddonInformation)</visible>
            <include>AddonsWideListView</include> <!-- 90 -->
        </control>

<control type="group">
        </control>
    </controls>        
</window>

I haven't tested this, but it should work if you do it in the order specified above. Maybe it will break some things across the skin though, but it's worth a try. Only tv shows and movies library is changed with this as Thumbs Info View do not exist for the other video sections.

Well it kinda worked... but instead of Thumbs info it went to Wide list... How can i change it to Thumbsinfo Smile)) ^^
In the top options menubar there's a "View" button. Smile

You need to disable kiosk mode.
(2015-01-23, 00:21)Gade Wrote: In the top options menubar there's a "View" button. Smile

You need to disable kiosk mode.

It is disabled Sad

But i don't want to change everytime i enter a new page.
I want that Thumbs info is default and not "List", "widelist" or any other list.

I've now played with it a bit and used this.
Apparently "ListInfoView" is now the default (number 58).. Even though i put it almost last in the list.
Why can't number 97 work when it's first in the order?

Code:
<window id="25">
    <views>97,76,91,66,95,52,56,100,61,65,54,74,73,68,94,69,63,58,93,586,587,589</views>

<control type="group">
            <include>ListView</include> <!-- 52 -->
            <include>DVDThumbsView</include> <!-- 54 -->
            <include>MoviesListInfoView</include> <!-- 58 -->
            <include>MoviesListInfoView2</include> <!-- 66 -->
            <include>MoviesListInfoView3</include> <!-- 95 -->
            <include condition="!Skin.HasSetting(UseTVShowsPosterCover)">TVShowsWideIconView</include> <!-- 56 -->
            <include>TVShowsWideListView</include> <!-- 76 -->
            <include>TVShowsListInfoView</include> <!-- 61 -->
            <include>TVShowsListInfoView2</include> <!-- 65 -->
            <include>TVShowsListInfoView3</include> <!-- 589 -->
            <include>MoviesWallView</include> <!-- 69 -->
            <include>TVShowsWallView</include> <!-- 586 -->
        </control>

<control type="group">
        </control>
    </controls>        
</window>
Looks like you didn't replace the contents of MyVideoNav.xml with the lines above.

You need to copy the entire contents of the above post and paste it into your MyVideoNav.xml replacing all content. Save the file and reload the skin/restart Kodi.
(2015-01-23, 01:00)Gade Wrote: Looks like you didn't replace the contents of MyVideoNav.xml with the lines above.

You need to copy the entire contents of the above post and paste it into your MyVideoNav.xml replacing all content. Save the file and reload the skin/restart Kodi.

I did replace the whole content, i just removed some of them in this post so it wouldn't take unnecessary space.
And it doesn't work?

The above code you posted, contained the old code and not the one I posted.

If you do it in this order, it should definately work. If it doesn't, it's most likely the add-on forcing the skin to not function correctly.
  • Change the view to Thumbs Info View.
  • Quit Kodi
  • Copy the above code to replace the entire contents of MyVideoNav.xml
  • Save the xml file
  • Start Kodi
  • Select the Thumbs Info View again

This should work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do i force the view to "Thumbs Info"?0