MySQL debugging tool
I am struggling with a dlink 320 sharecenter NAS.. I 'think' I have MySQL installed correctly.. I think I have a database created.. I think (99.9%) I have a master user and (less sure) a restricted user created but I also think the restricted rights user may possibly be only for localhost access..

However I cant get kodi to use the mysql database (I think.. No media, no movies tab, no TV Shows) and I have tried both the kodi user I set up and the unrestricted master DB user..

Any suggestions on a debug tool, I can run on a windows or linux box, attempting to query the database as either user and test connections or see what errors are being generated ?? what is or isnt connecting over the network ?? Right now theres too many variables that could be miss configured or failing and I want to be sure its up and running.

Apologies if this is a bit generic and not kodi specific.
mysql-workbench for a GUI (generic) application, or just install the mysql CLI client on Linux. You will need to know SQL, of course.

However, at a minimum with the GUI you can poke around a bit easier without actually knowing SQL. And it has admin functions built in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL debugging tool0