Extended Info Add On
Hello Marcell,

I think i read somewhere you had added some support in the skin for extended info. Do you have any more detail on how this works within the skin?
Yes, extended info script is supported in the skin, it's currently only in the beta version but when all is tested fine it will be in the stable within the next week or something.

If you install the addon "script.extendedinfo" which is available from github and in official repo the default cast screen in moviedetails is replaced by a much extended version with things like "movies you also like", detailed actor info etc.
Also when the script is installed you get access to a bunch of widgets to be used in the skin, like next airing episodes and more like that.

See this link about all the info:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=160558
Thanks Marcel,

Will take it for a spin. Why not bundle the script with your skin and have an option to turn off/on in skin general settings?
(2015-01-24, 12:42)logan_x50 Wrote: Thanks Marcel,

Will take it for a spin. Why not bundle the script with your skin and have an option to turn off/on in skin general settings?

I think it's not yet available in the offcial repo. Will do as soon as it's out of beta stage.
(2015-01-24, 23:02)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-24, 12:42)logan_x50 Wrote: Thanks Marcel,

I think it's not yet available in the offcial repo. Will do as soon as it's out of beta stage.

It should be available
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/helix/scr...endedinfo/
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-01-24, 23:06)Martijn Wrote: It should be available
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/helix/scr...endedinfo/

Ah thanks Martijn,

I can't find it with the search in addons section, is that correct ?
It's Helix only under helper addons
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-01-24, 23:23)Martijn Wrote: It's Helix only under helper addons

Should be under program add-ons (will probably change to helper add-ons in the future though because multiple extension points cause some problems)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Extended Info works fine on my OS X Kodi but just hangs on my AFTV. No clue why
(2015-01-25, 05:39)phil65 Wrote:

Should be under program add-ons (will probably change to helper add-ons in the future though because multiple extension points cause some problems)

Got it Phil, thanks. For a test I included it with the beta of my skin but got some reports that its quite resource intensive for low spec devices. Is there a way that I don't include it with the skin in addon.xml but provide a download link in the skin settings to get users enthusiast? Maybe just calling the script is enough to trigger kodi addon download?

(2015-01-26, 21:18)logan_x50 Wrote: Extended Info works fine on my OS X Kodi but just hangs on my AFTV. No clue why

Thanks to testing Logan, do you like the extra info it provides? Is your AFTV running Kodi or Gotham?
(2015-01-26, 23:45)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-25, 05:39)phil65 Wrote:

Got it Phil, thanks. For a test I included it with the beta of my skin but got some reports that its quite resource intensive for low spec devices. Is there a way that I don't include it with the skin in addon.xml but provide a download link in the skin settings to get users enthusiast? Maybe just calling the script is enough to trigger kodi addon download?

(2015-01-26, 21:18)logan_x50 Wrote: Extended Info works fine on my OS X Kodi but just hangs on my AFTV. No clue why

Thanks to testing Logan, do you like the extra info it provides? Is your AFTV running Kodi or Gotham?
I took the leap to kodi once i saw elmerohueso had released a version for AFTV. First impressions aren't great but that's another story. one thing going to kodi enforced on my mind was that it would be GREAT to be able to backup the skin settings. took me an age to get back to something approximate of the old look and feel.
(2015-01-27, 00:41)logan_x50 Wrote: I took the leap to kodi once i saw elmerohueso had released a version for AFTV. First impressions aren't great but that's another story. one thing going to kodi enforced on my mind was that it would be GREAT to be able to backup the skin settings. took me an age to get back to something approximate of the old look and feel.

Oh yes, you're right about that. I'm planning on get current version bugfree for release to stable and after that skin backup/restore is the first thing on my todo list.
For now maybe checkout the toolbox script ? It's available on the forum/github and allows you to backup and restore skin settings.

If you use that script to backup the skin and also backup the contents of script.skinshortcuts in the addondata folder you have a temporary solution.
I'm seeking for a way to get an integrated backup/restore function in the skin that will also allow a backup/restore between the beta and stable of the skin and backs up skinshortcuts at the same time.
Hi Marcel,

Extended info still seems to kill my fire tv with latest beta installed. Is there something I should be doing or should I uninstall for now?
(2015-01-31, 11:56)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi Marcel,

Extended info still seems to kill my fire tv with latest beta installed. Is there something I should be doing or should I uninstall for now?

I've made the script optional so no need that you have to use it.
The script pulls a lot of info info so maybe it's just not suitable for low powered devices.
Maybe post about this on the script's forum thread so phil can answer this question ?

Are the widgets also too heavy ? They have a lot less info to pull from the internet so maybe that will work.
(2015-01-31, 13:24)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-01-31, 11:56)logan_x50 Wrote: Hi Marcel,

I've made the script optional so no need that you have to use it.
The script pulls a lot of info info so maybe it's just not suitable for low powered devices.
Maybe post about this on the script's forum thread so phil can answer this question ?

Are the widgets also too heavy ? They have a lot less info to pull from the internet so maybe that will work.

ok. will post and ask
Which widgets are you referring to? AFTV runs the skin without any issue. I've found the skin doesn't work well on raspberry pi but AFTV has a lot more oomph and never any issue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extended Info Add On0