2 x 10 Menu Layout Possible? //new skinner
Video 
Hello all, just over a month ago i decided to design a concept for a Kodi in which something i plan on making a reality. However I've hit a brick wall and this is to achieve a layout to movies, apps etc in a 2 x 10 layout
The closest i was able to find on the forum was Conq even then is only offers a sidebar view and not the 2 x 10 layout i was looking for.

Could anyone drop and rough code mockups / point me in the right direction many thanks.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Panel_Container and http://kodi.wiki/view/Static_List_Content
Can you expand on that mockup? What's on the other 90% of the layout?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-01-26, 00:25)Piers Wrote: Can you expand on that mockup? What's on the other 90% of the layout?

Hello Piers, sorry about the late reply this is the design i was planning on working with.

watch gallery
Take in consideration that it will be impossible to navigate with a remote control, or your plan is to create a skin for touch devices?
(2015-01-26, 23:01)butchabay Wrote: Take in consideration that it will be impossible to navigate with a remote control, or your plan is to create a skin for touch devices?

Oh, that's a problem. I'm fairly new to the Skinning for Kodi. My main focus was to use a remote control. Should i scrap this idea and produce a new idea?
Well, if you have 2 rows on the left, for example you've focus on tvshows and you want reach the right side. Pressing right will focus in your example games. That's why imo it will be impossible with a remote.
I would go with one row on the left side.
That would work for a touch device, but adding the right side of icons is going to cause issues with navigation from a remote/keyboard. Personally, I'd make the left hand side full width icons so up/down works - it would certainly look nicer.

Here's a quick mockup of something that would work (ignore colours etc)

Thank you, Piers! I'll use your idea as it looks great! I'm going to start development today after understanding the basics of Kodi Skinning. Just a quick question what skin should i base my Pandora Skin off? Confluence?
(2015-01-28, 22:55)Jakeround98 Wrote: Thank you, Piers! I'll use your idea as it looks great! I'm going to start development today after understanding the basics of Kodi Skinning. Just a quick question what skin should i base my Pandora Skin off? Confluence?

You're welcome Smile Confluence is the best place to start as it will always have every feature working as intended (I'm not saying other skins don't...)

As for your skin, you might find http://www.metroicon.net/ helpful for the icons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 x 10 Menu Layout Possible? //new skinner0