Newest releases dont work
I cant get anything newer than Frodo to work for the actual purpose of viewing video. When I installed Gotham it looks the same, but I cant actually play most videos in my library. They just sketch out or hang it. Is there some major difference that pops out to those of you with the behind the curtain knowledge that would be causing this. Codecs? Complete reworking of how video works behind the scenes? On top of that it just seems... rougher, more glitchy, hangs from time to time, etc. It's a very vanilla computer, maybe 5 years old. Eventually I just went to OpenElec cause I dont need the rest of linux, the box has only one purpose. But... I notice somethings falling off as Frodo gets older, and I;d like to go up, but not until it will work. it's crazy to me that Frodo works 100% right off the download within 1 minute just add library link, but Gotham is just constant fail in this scenario given the variables.
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Second link was quite helpful. I appreciate that. That was exactly the issue, hopefully it helps this time as I had a dubious time finding logs or any information. I spent ages looking. My OP is just alot of frustration from the fact that I searched for logs endlessly and found nothing of merit, and without the system giving me info... well, vague info returns vague results. hours and hours of vague results.

As soon as I can pull OE and reinstall Gotham and try to get logs i will. Thats likely gonna take me a bit of time.

i started to read the other one, but as soon as it started being insulting to make its point, something about some people being lower and why it seems like they are being insulted but arent, I honestly quit reading it. We all have specialized info, and we all choose how to act about it. I've never personally taken that route, we all start as noobs and humility is a choice. I'll report back once I have more info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newest releases dont work1