Do i have the right skill set?
Hey all

ive recently become very interested in programming for xbox and xmbc... tbh ive never really thought about it before or done much research, so before i get myself to excited about it all i just id ask you guys if id be a good candidate for becoming a developer...

ive been programming c# for around 5years
done a little DX9 3d programming
quiet a bit of opengl programming
lots of mobile developement and distributed programming
.net 2.0 / vs2005

basically im a .net programmer hehe - wud the transition be too much of a ball ache?
well.

you need to know c++. and you need to be able to stand on your own without the extensive .net library.

otherwise, 5 years of coding experience, sure you can get stuff done.
tell u what - u port the .net framework to the xbox and im good to go :-)
Kryptonic Wrote:tell u what - u port the .net framework to the xbox and im good to go :-)
Sure (sarcastic) Laugh
http://forum.xboxmediacenter.com/showthread.php?t=1832

Xbox360 will support .NET mobile-framework when the XNA (Software Development Kit for Xbox360 and Windows PC with .NET 2.0) comes out for it in December this year. So you will need to wait until then if you don't want to learn C++, ...however if you don't like to learn C++ but would be willing to learn C then you can still contribute to the project indirectly by helping the FFmpeg and MPlayer projects (which are cross-platform and programmed in C, so you will not need the XDK), downside for you is that you can't program FFmpeg or MPlayer in VS.NET as FFmpeg and MPlayer cannot be compiled with it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Do i have the right skill set?0