Skin Viewer for Windows (in Visual Basic)
(okets @ mar. 17 2004,15:26 Wrote:did you upload your source anywhere?
if not- are you planing of doing so anytime soon?
no, and this for a very simple reason, i won't release totaly unstable source code. but don't worry everything will be opensource, i will realease something once i get a rather complete "emulation" of xbmc (navigating through xbmc screens) and once i cleaned up the code a little bit.

art
(art @ mar. 17 2004,16:07 Wrote:
(okets @ mar. 17 2004,15:26 Wrote:did you upload your source anywhere?
if not- are you planing of doing so anytime soon?
no, and this for a very simple reason, i won't release totaly unstable source code. but don't worry everything will be opensource, i will realease something once i get a rather complete "emulation" of xbmc (navigating through xbmc screens) and once i cleaned up the code a little bit.

art
thanks, i want to try implementing ttf support to xbmc,
it would be great if i could use some of your code.
did you use the xbmc skin engine or did you create it from scratch?

i would really appriciate it if you would let me have a look at the code as soon as you feel you can do so.
(i dont care if its messy or crushes, i just wanna check some stuff without having to upload files to the xbox)

i thought of creating tga files from ttf files when a skin loads up, so if anyone has comments, i would be happy to get them.
Quote:thanks, i want to try implementing ttf support to xbmc, it would be great if i could use some of your code
sorry but it won't be of any use, i'm mapping what you can find in xml files that says to xbmc to use xpr fonts with ttf files. i don't have any code to open xpr files. but it's not really matter since only a few xpr are used yet.

Quote:i would really appriciate it if you would let me have a look at the code as soon as you feel you can do so.
i have no doubt people will try to improve my code as soon as i release it, they will probably send me their modifications, but i don't want them to do this until i'm sure how this code will be organised. maybe in a week or so ...

good luck for your project Smile

art
(okets @ mar. 17 2004,16:35 Wrote:i thought of creating tga files from ttf files when a skin loads up, so if anyone has comments, i would be happy to get them.
check out xfont_opentruetypefont().
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sad 
(okets @ mar. 17 2004,16:35 Wrote:i want to try implementing ttf support to xbmc, it would be great if i could use some of your code.
why not use the ttf source code from xboxmediaplayer instead?, i mean the code is already ported to xbox (check it out!)

edit: note! art is writing his skin viewer in vb (visual basic), and all xbox code must be c++, c, or assembly which xbmc/xbmp is.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
(gamester17 @ mar. 17 2004,17:21 Wrote:edit: note! art is writing his skin viewer in vb (visual basic), and all xbox code must be c++, c, or assembly which xbmc/xbmp is.
errr ... did you say that for me, cause the point is not to run my program by the box!! anyways, as a side note, it's written in vb.net not vb (6)
(gamester17 @ mar. 17 2004,17:21 Wrote:
(okets @ mar. 17 2004,16:35 Wrote:i want to try implementing ttf support to xbmc, it would be great if i could use some of your code.
why not use the ttf source code from xboxmediaplayer instead?, i mean the code is already ported to xbox (check it out!)

edit: note! art is writing his skin viewer in vb (visual basic), and all xbox code must be c++, c, or assembly which xbmc/xbmp is.
thanks- i would give it a shot
you think there is any chance of getting it in to the cvs?
(nickman @ mar. 15 2004,23:18 Wrote:
(hullebulle @ mar. 15 2004,20:47 Wrote:hmm... just a thought: wouldn't it be possible to port xbmc skin engine/interpreter to windows?
offcource  Smile but to do so you have to know some cpp programming. and from the looks of the screenshot this guy is using vb.

but a strait port from xbmc would definitely be a better choise as it would reflect the exact same thing.

but give the guy a chance. it could be a great self learning thing.

i guess sooner o later a cpp developer will make a 4 hour port of the skining engine Image
//nickman
oh i didn't want to stop anybody.  Smile

read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(art @ mar. 17 2004,19:03 Wrote:
(gamester17 @ mar. 17 2004,17:21 Wrote:edit: note! art is writing his skin viewer in vb (visual basic), and all xbox code must be c++, c, or assembly which xbmc/xbmp is.
errr ... did you say that for me, cause the point is not to run my program by the box!! anyways, as a side note, it's written in vb.net not vb (6)
no. he was refering to okets who wanna add ttf support to xbmc. Wink
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
how will this work with the new compressed textures feature? i guess your skin app would have to include some sort of textures.xpr extract(/compress) to make it work? could be some kind of caller to an external comp/extract application as the current can't be distributed publicly?
i do realise that if you have original gfx thats no problem but currently most skins released, utilise texture compression so anyone who don't own original gfx can't really use the viewer (if there isn't any extraction). mce-skin is in cvs in uncompressed state so that can always be used tho.

oh and great work btw Image
(hullebulle @ mar. 18 2004,00:15 Wrote:
yep Smile

@okets, yes if you code it and submit it as a patch on sourceforge. but if you're asking if the official devs plan to code it soon then no
(gamester17 @ mar. 18 2004,12:18 Wrote:
(hullebulle @ mar. 18 2004,00:15 Wrote:
yep Smile

@okets, yes if you code it and submit it as a patch on sourceforge. but if you're asking if the official devs plan to code it soon then no
i'll do it.(ttf fonts support to xbmc)
anybody thinks of anything i need to take in mind?
i think i will try to implemet the xbmp code to xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Viewer for Windows (in Visual Basic)0