Myth PVR Android
Hi,

I've installed Kodi 14 on my Vidon box, next to the existing (factory standard) Frodo and Gotham installations. Although with reduced resolution (720p) the videos are played with no problems, even huge files (>15G) from a SMB server over a wired network.

Why did I install Kodi next to the other two versions?
Neither of them has a working PVR-addon (one has an empty PVR add-on repository, which can't be removed and re-installed, the other one pops up an error as soon as a PVR add-on is activated).

So, on Kodi video playback is smooth, but when viewing live TV or recorded TV through the Myth.pvr add-on (it does not err out on Kodi) the video and audio are choppy.
I have no such problems with Kodi running on Linux(Ubuntu) or OpenElec using the same myth backend and the same network path.

The issue I want to solve is the choppy play back on the VidOn box using mythtv pvr add-on, where videos playback fine.
My Myth backend is 0.27. (and I really don't want to upgrade that until I need to, I have other dependancies)

Any suggestions, or has this been asked before ? (I did a search on the site)

Joe
* Wrong forum, this belongs in the Android support forum http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164

However you are probably more likely to get the help with that hardware if you go to VidOn's own forums.
Yes, partially agree...

wrong forum for sure, my mistake.

Help from Vidon - No. They do not support Kodi on their boxes. Perhaps for Gotham or Frodo.
Hardware problem - unsure. HD videos play fine.
Network problem - No
LogFiles - Vidon made sure that the box cannot be accessed using telnet or SSH :-( Need to check if they can be copied to USB or extracted another way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Myth PVR Android0