Shared database between kodi and xbmc
Hello guys.

I have a MYSQL database, to keep track of my content, running on a central server (server 2012R2) in my home. It has an XBMC running on it, to update the libraries. The content is on the server, so it gives me the best performance.

Now i have 3 Pi´s running KODI, witch now uses another database. MyVideos90 or something like that.

Can i force XBMC and KODI to use the same database, even if they run different versions?

If i need to run the same version, is there and XBMC too windows, that is the same build number as the current version of kodi?

My advancedsettings.xml look like this(with sensitive info deleted) :

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<advancedsettings>

-<videodatabase>

<type>mysql</type>

<host></host>

<port></port>

<user></user>

<pass></pass>

</videodatabase>

-<musicdatabase>

<type>mysql</type>

<host></host>

<port></port>

<user></user>

<pass></pass>

</musicdatabase>

-<videolibrary>

<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>

<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>

</videolibrary>

</advancedsettings>
Helix (v14) and Gotham (v13) use different databases that can't be shared. In order for all your clients to use the same database you must upgrade them all to Helix (v14).
The current downloads for all Operating Systems are all the same version, so as long as all clients are running v14 they will share the database.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Thanks mate. I will upgrade all clients to the same version.

Have a great day!
You're welcomeSmile
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shared database between kodi and xbmc0