Beaglebone Black support?
I wonder where is Beaglebone Black support? It is a great hardware. Did I miss any guide on how to make it work on my BBB?
(2015-01-27, 20:32)cyclonmaster Wrote: I wonder where is Beaglebone Black support? It is a great hardware. Did I miss any guide on how to make it work on my BBB?

ISTR that the BBB doesn't have any hardware codec acceleration, so is a non-starter as a media player. ISTR it also has some odd limitations on its HDMI output in resolution terms. (I don't think it can output 1920x1080 over HDMI for instance?)
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=194863

I would not buy one for XBMC/Kodi
Sorry for the NecroBump, but the BeagleBone Black works out of the box at 1920x1080. And it never had driver support for the GPU until recently. I've got a 4.0 kernel, direct rendering, Ubuntu 14.04, 1920x1080.

I have an older XBMC installed, 12.3, but it hits 100% CPU just sitting there. Its not DOING anything or drawing any screens. Even if no GPU, it shouldn't be doing this. The mouse barely moves. Keyboard only responds after a huge delay.

If anyone can fix this, PLEASE help. A new OS and new Kodi would be fine, but losing my DRI would be a step back I think. I should be on the right track, right?
(2015-08-28, 13:30)uudruid74 Wrote: Sorry for the NecroBump, but the BeagleBone Black works out of the box at 1920x1080. And it never had driver support for the GPU until recently. I've got a 4.0 kernel, direct rendering, Ubuntu 14.04, 1920x1080.

I have an older XBMC installed, 12.3, but it hits 100% CPU just sitting there. Its not DOING anything or drawing any screens. Even if no GPU, it shouldn't be doing this. The mouse barely moves. Keyboard only responds after a huge delay.

If anyone can fix this, PLEASE help. A new OS and new Kodi would be fine, but losing my DRI would be a step back I think. I should be on the right track, right?

I don't think the Sitara SoC in the BBB is suitable for Kodi is it? ISTR that it doesn't have any on-board video hardware decoding functionality - so whilst GPU support may be implemented, there isn't a VPU/MFC etc. hardware decoder, so all video decoding is in software. You'd be limited to SD MPEG2 level video at best I suspect if you could get it to work.
That really isn't the point. Bad performance and poor frame framerate is fine. That is expected behavior. What described is a serious issue that isn't just a slow machine. Something is wrong
(2015-08-29, 10:13)uudruid74 Wrote: That really isn't the point. Bad performance and poor frame framerate is fine. That is expected behavior. What described is a serious issue that isn't just a slow machine. Something is wrong

Yes - but that is an old build of XBMC running on a platform that is unlikely to be supported by many Kodi devs because it won't be a viable video playback platform.

Kodi devs are now working on Kodi 15 (Isengard) as well as Kodi 16 - XBMC 12.3 is a very old build.

How did you install it? Installed from a repo or compiled on the BBB?

Any indication of oddness in your XBMC/Kodi logs ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beaglebone Black support?0