Solved Can the horizontal menu position be changed?
I've recently been playing around with the horizontal menu and while I really like it I find that it is positioned a little too high on the display (just below center). With a single sub-menu, the whole thing can be moved down at least equal to the height of the menu and sub-menu. This would reveal a lot more of the fanart goodness I've come to appreciate with this skin.

Jeroen, if this isn't a feature you're interested in pursuing I am happy to do a little xml editing if you can point me in the right direction. Much appreciated as always.

- tret
Found the .xml position tunable and the "sweet spot" value. If anyone else is interested and if Jeroen approves I'll share the details.

- tret
You really don't need my approval to share your modification Smile Note though that if you use widgets they will be partly covered by the home menu.
Fair enough, thanks Jeroen!

It's really a minor edit to skin.refocus/720p/HomeMenu.xml

Modify the <top>xxx</top> numerical value (seen highlighted above) under the horizontal Main Menu control group. The default value is "450", for me "525" was just right.

- tret
New position is far better, of course. Do you experience any issues with the widgets, as Jeroen said ?
(2015-02-04, 11:05)joro_abv Wrote: New position is far better, of course. Do you experience any issues with the widgets, as Jeroen said ?

I don't use the widgets so I haven't noticed. Have you tried it out? If so, how did it work out with widgets?
Thanks for the info.....it's nice having an obvious question answered before I ask it...lol

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can the horizontal menu position be changed?0