• 4(current)
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon
I couldn't open it in my browser (MSIE) even with the complete link.
So I saved it to my desktop, renamed as a .txt file and then opened it that way. Here is what I got:

{"url": null, "status": "error", "message": "Redirect is unavailable in your region", "http_code": 403}
(2015-04-21, 00:06)Darrylx444 Wrote: I couldn't open it in my browser (MSIE) even with the complete link.
So I saved it to my desktop, renamed as a .txt file and then opened it that way. Here is what I got:

{"url": null, "status": "error", "message": "Redirect is unavailable in your region", "http_code": 403}

That means you need a proxy to access those programs. I know that Nova and a few others are geo-blocked for most episodes.
Can we please have the ability to set views from the Addon settings? With multiple categories inside the Addon it's not very user friendly to have to set views for every Category, on multiple devices.

Also, I notice that the Media Info view in CCM Helix (Confluence Custom Mod) is able to be set at Video Level, but then Media Image becomes Fan Art instead of the Video Thumbnail? But the Video Thumbnail displays correctly in the other views?

For information I can say that the Media Info view works correctly at Video level in your DIY Network Addon.

However in PBS I can confirm that I can set this same Media Info view at both Master and Category and Sub Category level - thank you, but again the Media Image is FanArt for the Sub Category level. In this case the other views also don't seem to have Video Thumbnail of the first Video for the Category, and instead a special 'Channel Icon' seems to be used as the Media Image.

I also posted similar questions for some of your other AddOns. GQ, PBS, HGTV, and DIY Network are the ones I use, but maybe similar issues exist for your other Addons too? Each one works slightly differently as far as the views are concerned.

I guess as a minimum it would be nice if for the Media Info View, at Video level, the Media Image can be the Video Thumbnail - like it is for your DIY Network Addon.

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Hi, I have found that when using a proxy with the PBS ThinkTV addon none of the video content runs through the proxy. Only the metadata and images is pulled via the proxy but once the actual video is played, the content will run through the connection Kodi is using and not the proxy server. Is this an issue with my proxy server of the PBS ThinkTV addon?
(2015-06-19, 22:12)jeversvik Wrote: Hi, I have found that when using a proxy with the PBS ThinkTV addon none of the video content runs through the proxy. Only the metadata and images is pulled via the proxy but once the actual video is played, the content will run through the connection Kodi is using and not the proxy server. Is this an issue with my proxy server of the PBS ThinkTV addon?
Are you asking or is it a problem? Once handed to the player the content is out of the domain of the addon proxy. The proxy support was added to the addon to allow folks in different locations access to a bit more content, not to play the content through the proxy.
I'm loving this Addon, but there is only one thing I wish you could add...

Currently the streams are listed newest episodes first.
But if you want to binge watch a show you can''t use the Play From here options unless you want to watch the show in reverse order.

A particular problem when you want to watch This Old house because it appears like they are taking a house apart not putting one together! LOL

I know it's probably difficult because that is the way the site has the episodes listed but it would be a great feature if we could select ascend or descend listings in the Add On.

Even if you can't manage this...great job on this!
(2015-08-05, 01:20)Asphyx Wrote: Currently the streams are listed newest episodes first.
But if you want to binge watch a show you can''t use the Play From here options unless you want to watch the show in reverse order.

A particular problem when you want to watch This Old house because it appears like they are taking a house apart not putting one together! LOL

You can select Sort By: Episode and then either ascending or descending. How you do this varies depending on the skin you're using. On some of mine cursor left brings up the side bar menu that allows the selection. You can then use "Play From Here". For the PBS Thinktv addon you will need to do this on each directory listing - probably not exactly what you want, but close enough without sacrificing performance.

For more info see here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Sidebar_menu
PBS thinktv.org addon used to work brilliantly but it refuses to play the two latest PBS Frontline episodes :-(
the errors in the log: http://xbmclogs.com/ply6xzlyp
(2015-08-05, 03:58)kefir Wrote: PBS thinktv.org addon used to work brilliantly but it refuses to play the two latest PBS Frontline episodes :-(
the errors in the log: http://xbmclogs.com/ply6xzlyp
The log you give is absolutely useless. You need to post the entire log. Both episodes play fine for me.
Enable verbose for curl library as well. The only way to get that error is a redirect isn't working,.
(2015-08-05, 02:01)learningit Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 01:20)Asphyx Wrote: Currently the streams are listed newest episodes first.

You can select Sort By: Episode and then either ascending or descending. How you do this varies depending on the skin you're using. On some of mine cursor left brings up the side bar menu that allows the selection. You can then use "Play From Here". For the PBS Thinktv addon you will need to do this on each directory listing - probably not exactly what you want, but close enough without sacrificing performance.

For more info see here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_controls#Sidebar_menu

Yes I tried going there but for some reason those sort options are greyed out and not changeable in this App but are working on other contents.

Running Helix 14.2 with Confluence for Helix.

I will check the Skin settings and see if there is some setting I am missing.
(2015-08-06, 07:04)Asphyx Wrote: Yes I tried going there but for some reason those sort options are greyed out and not changeable in this App but are working on other contents.

I tried V1.0.18 with Confluence on Isengard 15.0 and it works fine for selecting sorts. Make sure you have the latest version of the addon
(2015-08-06, 09:02)learningit Wrote:
(2015-08-06, 07:04)Asphyx Wrote: Yes I tried going there but for some reason those sort options are greyed out and not changeable in this App but are working on other contents.

I tried V1.0.18 with Confluence on Isengard 15.0 and it works fine for selecting sorts. Make sure you have the latest version of the addon

I think the issue may be I'm using the customizable version of Confluence not the default version.
But it does work on other apps so I'm a bit confused as to why your might be different.
In any case if it works for you then it is something on my end and will work from here to solve it!
Thanks for the quick replies.

UPDATE: Ok upgraded to Isengard and got the Ascend/Descend to light up. But it would appear at least for "This Old House" that there is no metadata in their site listing that the sort function can work on. Probably because it seems to be paged data and not a full listing.
Sort by episode is not lit at all only Date.
Awesome job on the add-on! I've been catching up on FRONTLINE epsiodes lately and I was very happy to stumble on this thread.

One small pointer for anyone using this add-on from outside the US: You will find that some of the content provided by PBS is georestricted (e.g. newer FRONTLINE and Nova episodes). Proxies circumvent this, but can be slow and difficult to find.

Luckily there's a much easier solution: Modify the HTML request headers to pose as a US user. Here's how:

1. Open up ~/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.thinktv/default.py
2. Find the `defaultHeaders` section. It will look similar to this:

Code:
defaultHeaders = {'User-Agent':USER_AGENT,
'Accept':"text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8",
'Accept-Encoding':'gzip,deflate,sdch',
'Accept-Language':'en-US,en;q=0.8'}

3. Add 'X-Forwarded-For':'12.13.14.15' to the headers:

Code:
defaultHeaders = {'User-Agent':USER_AGENT,
'Accept':"text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8",
'Accept-Encoding':'gzip,deflate,sdch',
'Accept-Language':'en-US,en;q=0.8',
'X-Forwarded-For':'12.13.14.15'}

4. Restart Kodi.

You should now be able to access all content without any restrictions.

@learningit: Would it be feasible to include this workaround in the add-on (as an option)? Right now I have to reapply this modification any time the add-on updates.
(2015-08-16, 10:18)doki Wrote: You should now be able to access all content without any restrictions.

@learningit: Would it be feasible to include this workaround in the add-on (as an option)? Right now I have to reapply this modification any time the add-on updates.
I had done this previously. It creates other problems for US users at times.
(2015-08-16, 14:18)learningit Wrote:
(2015-08-16, 10:18)doki Wrote: You should now be able to access all content without any restrictions.

I had done this previously. It creates other problems for US users at times.

Thanks for the reply! I can see how adding the header in by default might cause some headaches for US users. But how about implementing an optional setting that would allow users to use this header modification at will? The option could say something like "Circumvent geo restrictions on content (Non-US users only)".
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PBS ThinkTV.org Video Addon6