Linux SPEED: 0.100% in log - normal?
Hi there, I'm noticing regular skipped frames, or duped can't tell when watching 23.976/24/59.94fps material (synch audio to display enabled and display correctly switching refresh).
The setup is intel Haswell refresh core i7 and setup as per the sticky here so I shouldn't have any problems at all like this.

It's barely noticable to most people but there's a definite regular stutter/dupe/drop/etc every 35-45 seconds or so I'd say.

The log window that brings up all the codec/frame rate/synch/bitrate details shows a play speed of "SPEED: 0.100%" for the video, I'm assuming this is what's at fault?
I don't notice this when watching live TV broadcasts that are 420i/50 or 1080i/50.

Is this normal?

Thanks.
Debug Log + /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr | pastebinit please

We need to discuss this 0.1% every half a year I think ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for your reply fritsch.
Should have known I'd need a debug log thought it would be a straightforward "your edid is wrong or something".
Well it seems after all these years I'm still getting into bad routines and enabling/disabling stuff without really thinking.
It seems I had "sync playback to display" enabled along with "change refresh rate to match video", which basically do the same thing in reverse of each other.
My display can do 23.976/24fps/50fps/59.94fps/60fps so after reading a simple post here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...#pid878054
That means I don't need to enable "sync playback to display". When that is enabled the output of the console doesn't even list "SPEED: 0.100%" which makes sense.
Video plays back normally to and can't notice a stutter.

This does raise a question though, why would those settings not be mutually exclusive in the GUI, since "sync playback to display" is clearly taking precedent? I note that even with "expert" settings enabled the method to achieve this isn't given as an option anymore, assume it's now in advancedsettings.xml?

I've uploaded a log, but only realized AFTER disabling sync playback to display (but with refresh rate changed to match video enabled, as I've always had on enabled)...
So it's prolly a waste of time and I've answered my own question? But would you mind telling me if the above is basically correct?

UPDATE
Seems the "Kodi Log Uploader" isn't working, and a log hasn't been uploaded to my email address :/
But it looks like there was no problem if my supposition above is right, could you confirm, thanks very much for your time, appreciated.
Post what I requrested in my original post. My setup use Sync Playback to Display with Method Video Clock.

Code:
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr | pastebinit
cat ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit
My xrandr Output with Openelec 5.0.1 and a ASUS Chromebox

http://pastebin.com/2P5NrS4U

Log --> http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=417047

Video File is 23,976 720p (Mediainfo --> http://pastebin.com/1gFMYYvG)

Speed is 0,100% and Sync is +10% Huh?? Why is that with the correct 23,976 Mode usedHuh
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
there is indeed an issue but due to fine adjust of ref clock it should not have much impact.
Ok, but what is “the issue“?
the issue is this ancient rounding magic in the code: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6356/files
although it used floating point it assumed refresh rate to be an integer
Ok, and how do i achieve this

(2015-01-31, 18:31)fritsch Wrote: Image

23,976 without any sync, speedup or whatever...
(2015-02-08, 13:43)john.cord Wrote: Ok, and how do i achieve this

23,976 without any sync, speedup or whatever...

either apply the linked patch or disable passthrough audio and set sync type to resample.
ok, so this will be in openelec in the near future so i wait but thx for reply! :-)
Ping me later. Will PR those changes to OE.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...8b8242.tar

Make a backup please, before updating to this build.
Thx... updated fine!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPEED: 0.100% in log - normal?0