Full keyboard interface
Hi all,

I'm using kodi on a server and I control it using multiple remote interfaces (mobile, laptop)
But whatever the interface I can't find a solution to have equivalent features as with a keyboard.

The major blocker is when I have to enter a string into a search box. The virtual keyboard of kodi is a pain.
I'm just looking for a web interface or something equivalent which allow me to enter a search string using
my laptop keyboard letters instead of the kodi's virtual one.

Does anyone know such a solution?

Thanks a lot
I think yarc has keyboard what you are asking for. Here's the thread yarc thread
I am an expert at acting like an expert ---- WC Fields.

XBMC Web Control Interface - https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc
Hi nmaphaeven (like your nick),

i am the developer of yarc, and as Kabooga nicley said, that yarc has a "send text"-field.

but i think you speak about two matters. i hope i am right.
i think you also want a webinterface with a keymapping like in kodi deafault. yarc does not have that. Maybe another webinterface does. if not i can help you make your own mapping by changing the code of yarc, or you could also do it with another solution.
but it only is a fast thing for the functions yarc already has. if you want even more, it needs definitly a bit more. but if you really want it, i consider to add full keybard layout mapping of kodi to yarc (at the moment i do things "my way").

if you help me, i help you Wink

if you are familiar with javascipt and jquery the following will be already helpful

go to yarc.js

search for the sting "keyDownService: function(){". here is the mapping. if you need more keys this site will help you to find out the code of the key's you need:
https://api.jquery.com/keydown/

type in the texfield an look for "keyCode" in the output.

is that what you also want? if yes, and you do your own mapping, it would be nice to share it here.
Check out my plugin yarc, it's a web-remote optimised for all screen sizes (especially touch and small screen).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full keyboard interface0