build.bat
when i try running build.bat to speed up compiling and testing, it says it cant find xbepatch.exe and xbmctex.exe.

can anyone tell me what kinda files those are because i cant find them anywhere. even doing a google search dont say much. if those are not legal to have, why not say it in the .bat file?.
xbmctex is part of the cvs tree (in source form only), you can compile it with vc++ (xdk required).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

is there any problem not running xbmctex?
thanks for info!
anyone know where xbepatch.exe comes from?.
(sparky @ mar. 15 2004,21:30 Wrote:thanks for info!
anyone know where xbepatch.exe comes from?.
from the tools section on xbox-scene.. but you only need it for very old mods/bioses.

@redina: nope you can skip it. its only for skinners to create the compresed texture (xpr) file.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
if i run build.bat without xbmctex, i will not get any skin at all when i start xbmc. just a black background and white text.
(sparky @ mar. 15 2004,23:42 Wrote:if i run build.bat without xbmctex, i will not get any skin at all when i start xbmc. just a black background and white text.
me too, only a black screen.
so in order to fix it i installed a working version of xbmc and then i overwirtten the folder with ne new build.
it works, but still have some problems, like on list view, there is no green marker that shows you the selected item and stuff.

can anybody explain what xbmctex is doing exactly? and why is it required?

by the way does it require directx 9 sdk?
for details see the pinned topic compressed textures. it needs the dx9 sdk because that's what i have - you can in theory compile it with the dx8.1b sdk but i've not tested that. it needs directx because it does texture conversion operations and i didn't feel like rewriting something the directx team have already done. is it really such a big deal anyway? you can pick up the sdk here.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Quote:if i run build.bat without xbmctex, i will not get any skin at all when i start xbmc. just a black background and white text.

i had the same problem. i solved this by edditing the build.bat.

rem out these rules:
Quote:rem xcopy skin\mediacenter\fonts build\skin\mediacenter\fonts /e /q /i /y
rem xcopy skin\mediacenter\*.xml build\skin\mediacenter /e /q /i /y
rem %tex% -input skin\mediacenter\media -output build\skin\mediacenter\media

and add this rule:
Quote:xcopy skin\mediacenter build\skin\mediacenter /e /q /i /y
thanks, i try that.
(rolandd @ mar. 16 2004,11:10 Wrote:
Quote:if i run build.bat without xbmctex, i will not get any skin at all when i start xbmc. just a black background and white text.

i had the same problem. i solved this by edditing the build.bat.

rem out these rules:
Quote:rem xcopy skin\mediacenter\fonts build\skin\mediacenter\fonts /e /q /i /y
rem xcopy skin\mediacenter\*.xml build\skin\mediacenter /e /q /i /y
rem %tex% -input skin\mediacenter\media -output build\skin\mediacenter\media

and add this rule:
Quote:xcopy skin\mediacenter build\skin\mediacenter /e /q /i /y
thanks, it's working.
this patch diables the texture compression support, right?
(butcher @ mar. 16 2004,10:59 Wrote:for details see the pinned topic compressed textures. it needs the dx9 sdk because that's what i have - you can in theory compile it with the dx8.1b sdk but i've not tested that. it needs directx because it does texture conversion operations and i didn't feel like rewriting something the directx team have already done. is it really such a big deal anyway? you can pick up the sdk here.
butcher,

i'm trying to compile xbmctex but i have an error

Quote:...xbmc\tools\xbmctex\stdafx.h(21): fatal error c1083: cannot open include file: '/dx90sdk/include/d3d8.h': no such file or directory

but i've installed dx90sdk
i take only this sdk directx 9.0 sdk update - (summer 2003)
it's enough ?
xbmc.fr

yes, you may need to correct the path to your dxsdk install though - i had to put a hard-coded path or i got conflicts with the xdk headers.

xbmctex is a legal binary, isn't it? why not put the binary into the cvs instead of the source? comments?

thanks
no, it is not a legal binary.

it still uses xdk to compile.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
build.bat0