Adding TV show to Library without TVDB scraper
I am trying to add some TV shows to the Kodi library. Problem is NONE of the video files I am trying to add are found on TVDB. As a result, they DO NOT get added to the library. I would like to either:

1) Bypass the scraper and add my videos directly to the library OR
2) Figure out WHY my video file names do not match up on TVDB

Here is my log for when I tried to add "I'm Alan Partridge - s01e05 - To Kill A Mocking Alan.avi"

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=410176 (search for text Partridge)

p.s. I was able to scrape a few films without any problem - just having problems with ALL of my TV shows. I have tried doing The Office, Black Adder, etc. Starting to think there may be a problem with TVDB's TV scraper.
I wonder if the problem is the apostrophe in I'm?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No. I've tried other names without any special characters and the result is the same - no match. Actually, I think matching up my episode names with TVDB's is going to take some work. If someone can show me a way to simply add TV episodes to the Kodi library without using any scrapers, that would work best.
I have taken another look.

There is something wrong with your setup. The scraper is searching for a series called 'I'm Alan Partridge - s01e05 - To Kill A Mocking Alan.avi'

Where in your filesystem does the TV source point to and what are your source settings?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-02-01, 01:28)nickr Wrote: I have taken another look.

There is something wrong with your setup. The scraper is searching for a series called 'I'm Alan Partridge - s01e05 - To Kill A Mocking Alan.avi'

Where in your filesystem does the TV source point to and what are your source settings?

I am not sure I understand your question. However, the media location is thus: /home/xxxxxx/Videos/I'm Alan Partridge/Season 1/I'm Alan Partridge - s01e05 - To Kill A Mocking Alan.avi

Not sure what you mean by source settings.

p.s. I have been doing some looking around and it seems that it is NOT possible to add TV shows to the Kodi library without a scraper match OR creating an .nfo file locally. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
When you added the source for your TV shows, which folder did you point it to?
And yes you need either a working scraper or an nfo.
(2015-02-01, 01:45)nickr Wrote: When you added the source for your TV shows, which folder did you point it to?

In Kodi, I choose Videos->Files->Add Videos->Browse to the following foler:
/home/xxxxxx/Videos/I'm Alan Partridge/Season 1/
nickr, I have just tried it by pointing to /home/xxxxxx/Videos/ instead of /home/xxxxxx/Videos/I'm Alan Partridge/Season 1/ and I seem to be getting somewhere. Will let you know once I play around a bit.
OK for kodi/xbmc you really need to sort your movies from your TV series. If all your video files are in /home/xxxxxx/Videos then you need to set up:

/home/xxxxxx/Videos/TV - all your TV shows go here, like

/home/xxxxxx/Videos/TV/I'm Alan Partridge/Season 1/

Then /home/xxxxxx/Videos/TV is set up as your source, with content set to TV shows.

Similarly you will have

/home/xxxxxx/Videos/Movies/Avatar/Avatar.mkv

With /home/xxxxxx/Videos/Movies set as a source with content set to movies.
Bingo!! Thanks for walking me through this nickr. I spent a few hours trying to get this to work. Had a feeling all along it was some minor thingy that was making things go wrong. Just couldn't figure it out. From what I have been reading, I got the impression that this whole scraping process is rather picky. So it stands to reason that a MAJOR issue like the source directory being off by a level or so would cause havoc.

Yes, it does make a lot of sense to separate films from shows. Will do so as you suggest. Thanks again.
It can be picky, but if you get the naming right, it should be smooth. Glad we got past your frustration!
Hi Nickr
at first I apologize for my poor english (coming from Italy).
Well, I have a Raspi PI2 that uses as data source multimedia files (musisc, video, photo) in my Synology NAS.
On the Raspi I'm currently running the latest stable version of OpenELEC 5.0.8.
It works very very well but I'd encountered some problems trying to indexing TV shows.

In the NAS file system, the TV Series are stored as in the following way (I make only some examples):

Video->Serie TV
>> Grey's Anatomy
>>>> Stagione 01
>>>>>> S01x01 title1.avi
>>>>>> S01x02 title2.avi
>>>>>> .....
>>>> Stagione 02
>>>>>> S02x01 title1.avi
>>>>>> S02x02 title2.avi
>>>> Stagione 03
>>>> Stagione 11
>> LOST
>>>> Stagione 01
>>>>>> S01x01 title...avi
>>>>>> ........
>>>> Stagione 02
>>>> Stagione 06
>> Mad Men
>>>> Stagione 01
>>>>>> 01 - title1.mkv
>>>>>> 02 - title2.mkv
>>>>>> 03 - title3.mkv
>>>> Stagione 02
>>>> Stagione 06
>> Under the Dome
>> Twin Peaks

ecc.ecc.

I've set as source for TVShows the folder VIDEO\Serie TV

So, the problem is that OpenELEC doesn't recognize the episode titles and numbering. For example Greys' Anatomy is not indexed at all, while LOST is perfectly indexed, and Mad Med only partially.
Is there something wrong in my NAS multimedia structure? Shall I rename all in english (exepting titles that I'd like to maintain in italian language)?
So changing "Stagione 03" into "Season 03" etc
I don't know how it works with a directory structure in another language. You could try using season. A debug log (wiki) would also be helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding TV show to Library without TVDB scraper0