How do I download trailers only?
Hi folks,

I just found out about Ember and at a glance, it looks perfect for my needs. What I'd like to be able to do is select a few movies at a time and automatically download and rename trailers for the selected movies. Unfortunately, I don't seem able to figure out how to adjust the settings to accomplish this feat. I don't wish to download nfo files or art or anything, just trailers. I went through all the setup pages and attempted to disable everything not related to trailers and enable everything related to trailers. I expected that after doing so, I'd be able to mark movie entries and [scrape media]->[marked movies]->[either option]->[trailer only]. Sadly, the option is greyed out.

Would someone please walk me through the proper steps to setup Ember and download some trailers?

Thanks,
Addler
Not sure, but do you have trailer scraper activated in movie setting page? This might be the reason why its greyed out.

Edit: just read that you already did
You need two things to get the menu activated:
- select a file name or trailer default in Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming
- activate global trailer scraping in Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers-Trailers -> Enable Trailer Support
Thanks for volunteering fast help, guys. I really appreciate it.

(2015-02-01, 14:13)DanCooper Wrote: You need two things to get the menu activated:
- select a file name or trailer default in Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming
- activate global trailer scraping in Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers-Trailers -> Enable Trailer Support

Thanks for the concise answer! This is exactly the kind of help I was looking for, being completely overwhelmed by all the options. Unfortunately, after verifying the two things were setup, my options were still greyed out.

For file name or trailer in Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming, I only see two options: -trailer and [trailer]. -trailer is the format that I currently use (Plex picks these up), and as far as I can tell one or the other must always be selected (radio buttons).

For the global trailer scraping setting, I have trailer support enabled.

Do I have to have one or more of the nfo scrapers setup to be able to download trailers? I assumed that I could just match & go for trailers only.

I'm not sure what to try next - should I try to reset all my settings to default again in case I disabled something upon which trailers depend?

Thanks,
Addler
Two things:
- YouTube trailer scraping is broken (already fixed for the next 1.4.x beta release)
- if you use Ember 1.3.0x: please download our latest beta of 1.4.x
Here are some screenshots of my settings, just in case it reveals something I did horribly wrong (quite possible).

Thanks again, guys.

-Addler
(2015-02-01, 18:11)DanCooper Wrote: Two things:
- YouTube trailer scraping is broken (already fixed for the next 1.4.x beta release)
- if you use Ember 1.3.0x: please download our latest beta of 1.4.x

Ahhh... I am indeed using the stable release. I'll check out the beta right now.

Thanks again for the awesome help.

Cheers,
Addler
OK, I've downloaded and installed EMM v 1.4.0.7-4. After going through the settings, I'm now able to activate the option to download trailers for marked movies. Unfortunately, I am still having some issues.
  • I am not being asked to identify individual movies - my movies are named well, so there might not be ambiguity, but...

• Incorrect trailers are being downloaded. eg, Son of God (2014) -> Son of a Gun (2014) and 42 (2013) -> 12 O'Clock Boys (2013). So far, there hasn't been a case of the correct trailer being downloaded. In both of the examples above, the movies have trailers on Apple, which is currently (and by default) the first trailer scraper (although maybe we're falling through to another scraper since my preferred resolution is 360p).

• trailers are being renamed to [moviename or foldername]-trailer.extension. The -trailer suffix is absolutely perfect for me, but I would prefer that the file be titled as it was when downloaded. eg, "theatrical trailer 1-trailer.mov" or "clip 1 tv promo-trailer.mov" or whatever, so that I can have multiple "extras" for each title. Even trailer-trailer.extension would be preferable for me, so the extra would show up named as "trailer" instead of "Son of God (2014)". This isn't a big deal, since I can script up a batch rename, but it would be nice to have the original filename.

• Every time I scrape a movie, the setting "[File Naming] -> [Frodo/Helix]" becomes checked. I am having a .nfo file created in each scraped movie's folder - I assume it's because the xbmc setting keeps reverting. I would prefer there to be no .nfo files created, since some of my other software will pick them up and override existing metadata with them. Son of God (2014).nfo, for example, looks like this:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <id />
      <title>Son of God</title>
      <dateadded>2015-02-1 10:38:32</dateadded>
    </movie>
    Again, I can script for these to be deleted with external utilities, but it would be more convenient if I didn't have to.
Can any or all of these things be easily addressed by correcting my settings?

Thanks so much,
Addler
OK, after more experimentation I was able to download the correct trailers for a few other movies with success. I've still never been prompted to select a movie from a list, and there are still many cases where incorrect trailers are inexplicably downloaded.

I'm also still hoping for responses with regard to the issues I raised in my previous post.

Thanks,
Addler
I'm also having trouble downloading trailers.

I've tried scraping all movies (force best match), scraping by filters and scraping them individually. EMM gives me a confirmation that the movie has been scraped but no trailers are downloaded in the movie folders.

When I try the per movie I go to this screen:

I click on the trailer I want and "download". The progress bar thing pops up for a second and dissapears. (And still no trailer downloaded).

edit: Also, when i click the search button for Youtube trailers, nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Wow, I've never seen that dialog or the options for Youtube trailers. I thought they were being withheld until the final 1.4 release.
YouTube trailer downloading is broken in latest release (YouTube has changed the website).
It will be fixed in next release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I download trailers only?1