• 26(current)
New model Raspberry Pi - The Pi 2 Model B launched
Quick question , will the sky wifi box sd501 work as a wifi adapter on the pi?
Got a new sky box so don't need it , so would be good if it was possible .
(2015-03-04, 20:04)Lamm Wrote: I just replaced my Asrock 330 (ion) with a PI2. I have not tried changing skins too much but my experience is that the PI2's performace is almost on par with the Asrock 330.

I was gonna do the same, but I can't live without my 6 USB ports.
(2015-03-04, 20:04)Lamm Wrote: I just replaced my Asrock 330 (ion) with a PI2. I have not tried changing skins too much but my experience is that the PI2's performace is almost on par with the Asrock 330.

(2015-03-24, 13:08)PantsOnFire Wrote:

I'm the same, would happily swap out my laptop for a pi2 but the lack of usb and not being able to pass through the HD audio to my Sony receiver is what stops me.
Close - but no cigar.
(2015-05-04, 16:34)James_liv Wrote:
(2015-03-24, 13:08)PantsOnFire Wrote:

I'm the same, would happily swap out my laptop for a pi2 but the lack of usb and not being able to pass through the HD audio to my Sony receiver is what stops me.
Close - but no cigar.

The Pi 2 wit the latest milhouse OE builds can happily decode both Dolby True HD and DTS HD MA/HRA to multichannel PCM - and this is lossless for 48kHz and 96kHz 5.1 tracks, and 192kHz tracks that are 4.0 or less (>4.0 192kHz tracks will be down sampled I believe). Unless you do lots of processing in your Sony amp then the only difference is whether you see a DTS HD MA or Dolby True HD lamp on your amp. (This is not Pi 2 specific - other PCM-only solutions will benefit from the recent addition of DTS HD decode)
so it's my birthday today and got a RPi2 as a present.

my question is: what to install on it: OSMC or OE? (performance and addon-compatibility wise)
Personally - I prefer OE, and if you want the latest codec support then the milhouse builds in the Pi forum are worth a go.
but i can try both and then decide, without any issues, yes?
(2015-05-14, 13:22)grey Wrote: but i can try both and then decide, without any issues, yes?
Absolutely. You just flash the OS to a Micro SD card which the Pi 2 boots from. You can reflash to a new OS whenever you like.
thanks!

will start with OSMC, as being a CrystalBuntu user from its begining itself Big Grin
Raspberry Pi 2 with Tangerine Coupé Pibow case £20:
https://shop.pimoroni.com/collections/ra...oupe-pibow
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New model Raspberry Pi - The Pi 2 Model B launched1