• 1(current)
Raspberry Pi 2 quadcore-chip
Will there be a Openelec for this one?

www.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/02/raspberry_pi_model_2/
Yes. Probably later today, although there's no immediate rush...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse for president !!1 Smile
I know I'm sold...
(2015-02-02, 10:15)Milhouse Wrote: although there's no immediate rush...
Oh, I Beg to Differ Big Grin

Is the current OpenELEC build likely to run on the new Pi, just using one core, or won't it be working at all?
(2015-02-02, 10:48)dantist Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 10:15)Milhouse Wrote: although there's no immediate rush...
Oh, I Beg to Differ Big Grin

Is the current OpenELEC build likely to run on the new Pi, just using one core, or won't it be working at all?

no, it needs at least OpenELEC-5.0.1 with a own build (which will be released later today (if all goes well) on http://www.openelec.tv)
greetings, Stephan

Ordered one first thing in the morning, can't wait to test performance.
Raspberry Pi B2 sold out in Holland... Tongue is just 2 hours
(2015-02-02, 10:48)dantist Wrote: Is the current OpenELEC build likely to run on the new Pi, just using one core, or won't it be working at all?

Unfortunately that won't work as you'll need a new ARMv7 kernel but I'm pretty confident there will be official OpenELEC RPi2 builds publicly available before the first Pi2's are dropping through letter boxes! Smile

Upgrading a Pi1 installation to Pi2 should be fairly trivial - basically just replace the kernel.img and SYSTEM files in the FAT partition. The firmware is the same.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-02, 10:59)Milhouse Wrote: Upgrading a Pi1 installation to Pi2 should be fairly trivial - basically just replace the kernel.img and SYSTEM files in the FAT partition. The firmware is the same.

That sounds nice! Just ordered mine Big Grin
backpowered RaspberryPi Model B, Kodi15, Boblight-Ambilight,
arm_freq=1040 core_freq=520 gpu_freq=510 isp_freq=510 sdram_freq=600
over_voltage_sdram=6 over_voltage=8 current_limit_override=1 force_turbo=1
gpu_mem=256 force_turbo=1 avoid_pwm_pll=1 current_limit_override=1
drools....

nice work.

2 x things that currently suck...

1) -took delivery of 2 x model B+ this morning Sad

2) - aust distributor has NA listed as stock quantity for PI 2 :-((

cant wait.
uuuhhh just figured out, that the RS Components Supplier is just around the corner 10km away! Blush
backpowered RaspberryPi Model B, Kodi15, Boblight-Ambilight,
arm_freq=1040 core_freq=520 gpu_freq=510 isp_freq=510 sdram_freq=600
over_voltage_sdram=6 over_voltage=8 current_limit_override=1 force_turbo=1
gpu_mem=256 force_turbo=1 avoid_pwm_pll=1 current_limit_override=1
It's like christmas and birthday happening on the same day.

I just ordered 6 in absolute panic. I thought if i don't get them now it will take them months until they can supply enough for the high demand.

It is such a great piece of hardware for only a few bucks.
Hopefully it will be capable of hevc 720p -or even 1080p- main profile software decoding?
(2015-02-02, 10:58)Warez Wrote: Raspberry Pi B2 sold out in Holland... Tongue is just 2 hours

Last time I checked kiwi-electronics had some in stock, but their website is down ATM. I ordered one from Pimoroni instead.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 2 quadcore-chip0