• 3(current)
Raspberry Pi 2 quadcore-chip
(2015-02-02, 13:51)noggin Wrote: So if you have DTS HD MA tracks and can decode them to FLAC 5.1 (or transcode to Dolby True HD if an encoder exists?) on a Windows box you're fine for 48kHz tracks really aren't you? (And 192kHz multichannel will be down sampled, though stereo won't be?)
I think ffmpeg can only extract/decode the DTS core, so I think DTS-HD MA can be passed through as 5.1 channel core, or decoded to 5.1 channel core and output as PCM.
If can transcode the audio to 8 channel PCM, (or flac or whatever) then Pi2 will decode and output 8 channel PCM.
If ffmpeg supports software decode of DTS-HD MA in future, then Pi2 will be able to decode 8 channels and output as PCM.

Quote:(AIUI the Pi limitation is that 8 channel PCM is limited to 48kHz, if you want 192kHz you have to drop the number of channels for bandwidth reasons, and that bandwidth limitation also means True HD/DTS HD MA can't be bitstreamed)
Correct. 8 channel PCM at 48kHz is okay. 2 channel PCM at 192kHz is okay.
But 8 channel @ 192kHz is too much, and unfortunately that is the channel rate of TrueHD/DTS-HD MA passthrough.
Currently looking for a place in the US that has them in stock, or at least somewhere that ships for a decent price.

Interesting that they went with a Micro SD.
Like most on this forum I am eagerly awaiting delivery of my new RPI 2.Big GrinBig Grin

It is fantastic to learn that all the contributors to this project are looking to support the new hardware.

For me personally my main disappointment to-date with Openelec (Kodi 15) for the RPI is the lack of music support for Dolby True Hd, DTS MA etc.
I have a number of 176.4 5.1 flac music tracks that play on a PC (with Kodi 15, the pass through options for DTS MA etc are available) but alas as I understand it the RPI B+ is not capable and hence thus far these options are not available.

Is it possible with the compiling of Kodi to the new RPI 2 platform this could be included please, pleaseWinkWink?

I am not asking to decode these formats purely to pass them on to an external Denon A/V amp.
Clearly from my experience with a PC, the file format, external hardware, HDMI, cable, Denon etc do all work so it would be an amazing coup to get this working on a fanless platform such as the RPI 2.

Many thanks for everyones efforts todate.
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
(2015-02-02, 14:13)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-02-02, 13:51)noggin Wrote: So if you have DTS HD MA tracks and can decode them to FLAC 5.1 (or transcode to Dolby True HD if an encoder exists?) on a Windows box you're fine for 48kHz tracks really aren't you? (And 192kHz multichannel will be down sampled, though stereo won't be?)
I think ffmpeg can only extract/decode the DTS core, so I think DTS-HD MA can be passed through as 5.1 channel core, or decoded to 5.1 channel core and output as PCM.
If can transcode the audio to 8 channel PCM, (or flac or whatever) then Pi2 will decode and output 8 channel PCM.
If ffmpeg supports software decode of DTS-HD MA in future, then Pi2 will be able to decode 8 channels and output as PCM.

Quote:(AIUI the Pi limitation is that 8 channel PCM is limited to 48kHz, if you want 192kHz you have to drop the number of channels for bandwidth reasons, and that bandwidth limitation also means True HD/DTS HD MA can't be bitstreamed)
Correct. 8 channel PCM at 48kHz is okay. 2 channel PCM at 192kHz is okay.
But 8 channel @ 192kHz is too much, and unfortunately that is the channel rate of TrueHD/DTS-HD MA passthrough.

Edit:- I have only just seem this post.

so how about 176Khz at 5.1 passthrough ie 6 channels there is a lot of content out there at this format
Location UK; Media server Windows 7 with ArgusTV 2.3 with TBS6981 DVB-S2 x4 and DVB-T x 2:All network connections cabled on 1Gb router Raspberry Pi2 1GB x 2; RPI 3 x1; PiB+512MB x 3; TV Samsung 55" C8000; AV Denon AVR X2200W
More discussion about the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B hardware here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217040

This should now perform much better when using Kodi and Tvheadend or VDR with multiple TV tuners on the same board.
Dom, is it safe to assume there is a slight room for overclocking the new CPU as well, and future firmwares will enable this?
Ordered mine from farnell at 10 am when they were showing over 625 units in stock.. now when i go and check my order i see that it is on backorder and will be delivered in march! really unfair I would have ordered from somewhere else if they did not have stock.. they should never mislead customers.
(2015-02-02, 16:19)gendo Wrote: Ordered mine from farnell at 10 am when they were showing over 625 units in stock.. now when i go and check my order i see that it is on backorder and will be delivered in march! really unfair I would have ordered from somewhere else if they did not have stock.. they should never mislead customers.

That's a bit weird, they just tweeted this: https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet/status/562242744043966464
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-02-02, 16:23)Milhouse Wrote: That's a bit weird, they just tweeted this: https://twitter.com/cpc_tweet/status/562242744043966464

I ordered from export site as i'm not in the uk.. now they are showing no stock
http://export.farnell.com/jsp/search/pro...KU=2461029
but this morning when i ordered they had over 625 units still in stock...
(2015-02-02, 16:12)cocomic Wrote: Dom, is it safe to assume there is a slight room for overclocking the new CPU as well, and future firmwares will enable this?

Yes. By default we are running with the equivalent of:
Code:
arm_freq=900
sdram_freq=450
over_voltage=4.5
It seems to overclock similarly to a Pi 1, so I suspect most will get 1GHz arm, and lucky ones will get 1100/1200.
sdram_freq and core_freq at 500MHz should also be fine for most.
Anyone know if these new pi's will have h265 support?
(2015-02-02, 16:30)jurm Wrote: Anyone know if these new pi's will have h265 support?

No since it uses videocore IV like previous model b .. If you need h.265 go for an odroid c1 or something similar based on amlogic 805/812.. however having a c1 and an old pi i must say that the PI has better image quality probably related to scaling/de-interlacing used)
Kodi already plays H265 on the Pi through CPU software decoding, not very well at all I admit.
With 4 CPU cores it should be possible to play low bitrate H265 video.
Low bitrate H265 video is approx. equivalent in picture quality to low/medium bitrate H264.

anyone know if the ethernet and USBs are on the same bus like previous models?
Abshole, I found at Newark: http://www.newark.com/raspberry-pi-accessories
This was earlier this morning. Still in stock.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 2 quadcore-chip0