Bug Album with multiple artists breaks individual artists' names
See this release:

https://musicbrainz.org/release/afab1eb8...f7d265068f

It's an album by two artists, Pedro Aznar and David Lebón. In this record, they are credited as "Aznar Lebón" (see the collaboration details for the album artist).

When importing this record (properly tagged with info from MusicBrainz), what happens is that both artists, Pedro Aznar and David Lebón, have their names in the Kodi library changed to "Aznar Lebón". When I check the first instance of "Aznar Lebón", the albums by one of them appear, and then in the other, the albums by the other.

For whatever reason, Kodi is using the name of the credited cooperation in one album alone ("Aznar Lebón"), to display the name of both artists, which is wrong. Only for the albums in which they cooperate this should be the case, and a new artist should be added, leaving the individual artists unchanged (and this album should be also listed in their individual library entries).

I tried removing the album entirely from the database, cleaning it, and updating it again, but the result is the same: both artists appear as "Aznar Lebón". I am not sure how to fix this.

In any case, I think there's a bug either in the scrapper or in Kodi. Any ideas?
So in the end I just edited the database by hand and ran a cleanup. Still, the bug is there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Album with multiple artists breaks individual artists' names0