Req DVD order / aired order - going one step further
It's cool that TMM now can scrape tv shows no matter if they are in aired or in DVD order.
But I would like to take it one step further.
Right now the order is static. If your episodes are in aired order they will stay this way.
Wouldn't it be great if you could change the order AFTER it was scraped?
For example a show that was scraped in aired order but displayed in DVD order in KODI.

So here's my suggestion / wish:
make the tv show order thing a two part process.
For every show/season you can set
1) in what order are the source files (standard = aired order)
2) in what order should the show/season/episode be displayed (standard = aired order)

I hope you understand what I mean. It's very hard for me to explain this in english...
that should already work? (http://www.tinymediamanager.org/index.ph...-episodes/)
or do I understand your wrong?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Seems like I couldn't make myself clear enough.
I'll try again ... this time with the help of images Big Grin

So here's what I wanna achieve with TMM:

- I have a show which is in aired order

- I scrape the show with TMM. aired order is the default setting so everything scapes fine.

- But now I decide that I want the show to be displayed in DVD order.
At the moment this is something that is not possible with TMM.
I would have to manually rename all the video source files and bring them in dvd order.
Then import them again in TMM and scrape them using DVD order.
It would be fantastic if TMM could do this automatically!

This is how it could be done:
- add commands "display selected episode(s) in DVD order" and "display selected episode(s) in aired order"

- and add column "display in DVD order" to the "Edit selected TV show(s) episode(s)" dialogue

- after executing "display selected episode(s) in DVD order" the show should be displayed like this

- the only things that have to be changes inside the NFO files are the values for <season> and <episode>
Note that the video file is still Firefly - S01E01 - The Train Job.mkv but in the NFO it says <episode>2</episode> (= DVD order!)

I think this would be a nice to have feature. What do you think?
Just wanted to bring this topic back up again because I never got an answer to it.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts Big Grin
I am sorry I could not come sooner to a decision.
What you want is possible, but in fact that is not the focus of tmm (rather the focus of a media center). Handling all TV show data is now more complex than I ever wanted it to and this would bring even more complexity to it.
Beside that, your wishes are only legit for a smaller amout of TV shows (which do have different DVD vs aired orders) and even less users who care (it did not even recognize my test files are actually in dvd order).

Since we have more than enough (urgent) work to be done, I suppose this won't get implemented. I can still put it onto our todo list..
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks for your reply!
I totally understand that this is a very "special" request which is only interesting for a few people.
Would be cool if you nevertheless put it on your todo list (with lowest priority) because I think features like this add a lot of power to tmm and give it a great usp.
Maybe one day you'll come back to it when you're bored and need a challange Wink

Keep up the good work!
You created a fantastic program you can be proud of.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD order / aired order - going one step further0